Academy Warspite

I built that one back in the 70's when I belonged to the cadet corps of the same name. Sure it was not 1/350 perhaps 1/700 or something like that.......Hmmmmm. could this be the third 1/350 ship I build?

The Pontos detail set looks amazing!! Although pricey it seems like great value for the money, and looks like it will address some of the shortcomings or simplifications in the kit.

Speaking of the kit, does anyone know when it will be available in Canada or North America? I've seen it being sold on eBay, but not sure if that's for actual in-stock kits or pre-orders? The Warspite has always been my favourite ship, and it's been a long time waiting for a 1/350 kit.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by anotherP51nut

Just wanted to say "wow"!! I ordered two of this kit from one of the eBay retailers from S.Korea and just received tham yesterday.

Now, I have had mail take a week from Kingston to Toronto (225km). I ordered this on Thursday last week (Sept 22) and it arrived 5 days later!! From S.Korea to Canada!!

The kit itself looks wonderful and I'm looking forward to building them. I am so thrilled that it has finally appeared in 1/350 scale. What a remarkable ship she was!!

Cheers,

Richard

Hey Rich, is it really that good, alot of reviewers were not that happy with it. I would just like a good kit that goes together well and looks like the Warspite. One thing that may need some work is the 15" barrels the blast bags put them at max depression. May take some work to fix or after market.

On another note I've been to Kingston really liked the town, it has been a few years though. It was an easy hop from Fort Drum.

TC

Edited by Tankcommander