References Available On-Line for Download

The CARL (Combined Arms Research Library (CARL) Digital Library) located at Fort Leavenworth, KS which has many reference resources available for download:------> http://cdm16040.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/

CARL is part of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College.

There is no charge to download these (in most cases) pdf files. The library contains many WW2 and Post WW2 documents that may be of interest to the modeler or casual historian.

Anyone old enough to remember the propaganda pumped out my the Department of Defense during the cold war in the form of a series of films called "The Big Picture" will recall what a fun time it was for us as kids to watch these weekly installments on the old black and white television. I spent my early years living in the Panama Canal Zone where my father operated a locomotive to pull ships through the locks on the Gatun side of the canal. The only radio and television we had at the time was courtesy of the Armed Forces Radio and Television Network and it offered a few contemporary television shows along with a lot of reruns. The one highlight for myself as a kid was watching The Big Picture and seeing all of that really neat Army equipment. Never mind that it was a propaganda outlet for the DoD, for a kid that was interested in tanks and things that go boom, it was eye candy. Here is a link for the search results obtained from a place called Archive.org that has most if not all of the original Big Picture series available as downloads or to view on-line: Archive.org Search Results for "The Big Picture"

Edited by jeffryfontaine