I have another 46 to build so will document the process in photos.

Look forward to it.

If you don't have a punch set, the Micro Mark set fits very nicely into the Academy sink marks and it takes about 40 punched discs to fill them all in cargo bay. :boohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is looking great! I really like your cockpit, the seats are nicely done. I also like the paint job so far, what markings are you doing? Are they kit or aftermarket for the rescue birds? I am also annoyed at how fast you are building it since my CH-46 is in it's second year of work, right now I am scratch building the EAPS filters (removed) and it's taking forever, I just had to start over since I made them too big. Good luck and great work! Also if you need any refrence let me know since I have amassed gigabytes worth of photos of the -46. Everett

Edited by evnewsphoto

Wow, that is looking great! I really like your cockpit, the seats are nicely done. I also like the paint job so far, what markings are you doing? Are they kit or aftermarket for the rescue birds? I am also annoyed at how fast you are building it since my CH-46 is in it's second year of work, right now I am scratch building the EAPS filters (removed) and it's taking forever, I just had to start over since I made them too big. Good luck and great work! Also if you need any refrence let me know since I have amassed gigabytes worth of photos of the -46. Everett

Your 46 is a totally different level of build than this Everett, I don't have quite the same level of AMS that you do :) The Scheme is from the Kit, with a few liberties taken to make it easier to paint.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, nice job! I love the paint job, it really pops! Yes I know I have AMS, know any good shrinks? I have an extra CH-46D kit that I have used as a source of parts (like molding my forward mast doors) and I want to someday finish it as the Kona Bay rainbow bird since I like the way it looks.

May I point out a small thing? Part of my AMS, you nailed the decals except the "3404" on the tail has some silvering, is that just in the one spot? I have had issues with Academy/Cartograph decals silvering in the past (on a 1/32 F-18C) despite a correct prep, I wonder if that happened to you. I know it's probably too late but you could try a little trick I have learned (can't remember who I stole it from) but I always drag my decals through future itself when they are wet and then put them on the model and after fixed wipe away the excess, works every time! I don't know if you could lift it out now, but if you could try that. I also guess you could try hand painting the orange (red I guess you said) over the silver parts, that would help too. Otherwise great job, very nice looking set of other helos too, awesome work! Everett

Andrew, nice job! I love the paint job, it really pops! Yes I know I have AMS, know any good shrinks? I have an extra CH-46D kit that I have used as a source of parts (like molding my forward mast doors) and I want to someday finish it as the Kona Bay rainbow bird since I like the way it looks.

May I point out a small thing? Part of my AMS, you nailed the decals except the "3404" on the tail has some silvering, is that just in the one spot? I have had issues with Academy/Cartograph decals silvering in the past (on a 1/32 F-18C) despite a correct prep, I wonder if that happened to you. I know it's probably too late but you could try a little trick I have learned (can't remember who I stole it from) but I always drag my decals through future itself when they are wet and then put them on the model and after fixed wipe away the excess, works every time! I don't know if you could lift it out now, but if you could try that. I also guess you could try hand painting the orange (red I guess you said) over the silver parts, that would help too. Otherwise great job, very nice looking set of other helos too, awesome work! Everett

Yes I'm a bit miffed about the silvering, That one is the worst, but looks OK from 3 feet :) so I will leave it as it is.