Picture1499.jpg

Picture1507.jpg

Picture1492.jpg

Picture1498-1.jpg

Picture1480.jpg

The only kit parts(Revell) used here are the interstages and S.L.A. with the interstages being re-skinned with evergreen sheet corrugations. All tanks are P.V.C piping with new wares Saturn V detail set along with S.M.S. decals. The F-1's are not batted as this is not a Moon bound Saturn. I vacu-formed a new B.P.C and my wife had her hand behind the model in the one picture just in case it was blown over(it was a windy day).

Edited by stevenichols

DANG! I do airplane models and have never built any NASA or space flight subjects. I just wandered into this forum to take a look around and found this. That is amazing work! Your natural metal surfaces look as real as any I have ever seen. Great job!

The detail on the little CSM, Steve, is just terrific! The Mylar strips look great! You've got a real steady hand!

And does the BPC (Blast Protective Cover) slip over the CM or do you remove the CM to place the BPC on the model? It looks like it would be real tight fit. And the vac formed BPC turned out superbly too!

I wish you'd show us some WIP pix so us learners could benefit from your skills! I know, I think "Now, how in the world did he do THAT?" :o whenever I view a nice build like yours.

Thanx Steve

Pete