30 Years of Hornets

Recently finished this one for the Centennial of Naval Aviation Build - I have wanted to do this scheme for a while. The jet was used in 2008 and 2009 by the USN East Coast Hornet demo team. The model now resides at VFA-106.

Revell F/A-18C with Hasegawa kit decals I got on eBay for a good price. Pretty straight forward build. The decals fit well other than the outside edge of the LEX, which I had to touch up with blue paint

DSC_6228_r.jpg

DSC_6236_r.jpg

DSC_6235_r.jpg

thanks for looking

Ken

Edited by Ken Middleton

..... Ken

EXEMPLARY, STUNNING, EXQUISITE, SUPERB, AWESOME, AMAZING, GORGEOUS, FABULOUS. FANTASTIC Hornet.. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Also LOVE THE Display..Your displays are ALWAYS well thought out and are OUTSTANDING.

HOLMES :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

edit:spelling ..

Edited by HOLMES

That's what I call a classic 'F.1 fag-packet' scheme -not derogatory, I love 'em! But they do take work and talent to look their best, and you have clearly an abundance of both: very smooth indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by ChippyWho

That's what I call a classic 'F.1 fag-packet' scheme -not derogatory, I love 'em! But they do take work and talent to look their best, and you have clearly an abundance of both: very smooth indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks ChippyWho!

Fantastic Hornet, Ken ... :clap2:

Beautiful job painting the white ...

And another excellent display base ...

Both the original and the 30th Anniversary Hornets looked great in that scheme ...

-Gregg

thanks Gregg!

As always Ken, fantastic build. You have an incredible talent for taking an older, sub standard by todays standards, kit and turning out a great model!

Chuck

thanks Chuck!

Nice job! Was that one of the Revell re-releases? If so how'd it go together?

thanks! It was the C model release with VFA-105 as one of the options - so I think from the 1990s. The only real trouble spots is the forward fuselage and mating the top and bottom halves, and the funky seam it leaves