t-28 crash in WA

I'd heard about structural problems with T-28s...hope this isn't that issue again. No speculation, just a recollection of it having been mentioned as a recurring issue.

I've not heard of any T-28 strutural problems before. You might be confusing it with the T-34 wing spar problem that cropped up about 10 years ago after a couple T-34s being used in private ACM schools had wing failures.

I've not heard of any T-28 strutural problems before. You might be confusing it with the T-34 wing spar problem that cropped up about 10 years ago after a couple T-34s being used in private ACM schools had wing failures.

I believe you may be correct on this one.

As for calling a 1950s era aircraft "WWII-vintage", that is just sloppy reporting, aka business as usual where anything dealing with aviation is concerned.

Great!!

Today's paper has an article on the crash from Reuters that describes the aircraft as a "sleek silver jet" . :explode:

Paul

I have a feeling they've also mentioned a pilot and an unknown number of passengers aboard, too...

Last night on Daily Planet (discovery channel) they talked about both crashes. Probable available on the Discovery site for those who missed it

Edited by Neo