Aerodrome dead, now what?

One of my niche interests is WWI modeling, although my own contributions are far and few between.

I've been a member of the Aerodrome for a long time, but haven't visited in a couple of months. Now I find the modeling forum is closed!!!! Not sure why. :(

Anyway, does anyone know of any other WWI only modeling forums? I particularly miss posts by the brilliant Polish scratchbuilder Wojtek Fagia(?), and posts from a couple of other semiregular members. Any idea where the exiles have gone?

I'm not dissing this esteemed forum at all, there's some great stuff here, but some of the work on The Aerodrome was pretty special.

I'll take a look around both forums - thanks for the heads up.

Really sad about the Aerodrome though. It was quite obvious even from my infrequent visits that there was some really quite brilliant modeling going on there, and people with an amazing amount of knowledge and passion.

It looks to me like the forum is still up and running, but very little activity. Clearly I missed some sort of broohaha. I've been really busy so have mostly cut back to just this site, and 2 others so I have no idea what happened. The Great War site does seem to have many of the same people so hopefully it will become what the Aerodrome once was.

It looks to me like the forum is still up and running, but very little activity. Clearly I missed some sort of broohaha. I've been really busy so have mostly cut back to just this site, and 2 others so I have no idea what happened. The Great War site does seem to have many of the same people so hopefully it will become what the Aerodrome once was.

Aerodrome itself is up and running, Sir, but the modeling forum is closed,and can be accessed only as an archive. Many of the modelers were banned by the proprietors before the modeling forum was closed. Why this was done I do not fully understand....

Its really sad that it went down. #1 for WW1 aviation! I also noticed there was starting to be some "stepping on toes" know it all battles.

Truly is sad!

The Polish modeler you speak of was/is truly amazing. Never seen work like his!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Petar, apparently a lot of the guy's from The Aerodrome Forum went to this site after it was shut down,

http://www.greatwaraviation.com/forum/index.php

I haven't been there myself yet, but its a pretty good site from what I have read elsewhere.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

The Great War Aviation Forum, is a great place to be. I've been a member for a while now and you can't ask for better people or modelers.Hope to see you there. Gary

Edited by centaur567
  • 4 weeks later...

Petar, apparently a lot of the guy's from The Aerodrome Forum went to this site after it was shut down,

http://www.greatwaraviation.com/forum/index.php

I haven't been there myself yet, but its a pretty good site from what I have read elsewhere.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Looks like a nice site, but you need to be a member to read any of the threads. The mods do not seem particularly keen on authenticating my sign-up.

Seems very closed off.

Hmmm RKic, I had no trouble at all. Did you write the mods telling them of your trouble?

Warren

I have no way of doing so until I can register.

If you don't mind doing so on my behalf, and letting them know that the guy who is trying to register as linensandstrings is not a spam-bot. I think thats what they suspect is going on.

I have no way of doing so until I can register.

If you don't mind doing so on my behalf, and letting them know that the guy who is trying to register as linensandstrings is not a spam-bot. I think thats what they suspect is going on.

Yes, will do!

Warren

• 5 weeks later...

Was just on the Aerodrome, going through some archived model threads. When I went to the 'top view', to look at all forums, guess what:

General (40 viewing)

Models (27 viewing)

Can you believe it? It's damn criminal that it was shut down. But after reviewing some threads, I think I can see what happened. Such a shame...