At 51-years-old, Sean Tracy of Wixom still loves putting together model toys -model airplanes, model boats and model tanks.

<_< since when are models "toys"? Try playing with them and they'll break....

<_< since when are models "toys"? Try playing with them and they'll break....
It is unfortunate that the reporter referred to them as "toys" rather than replicas, display pieces or museum quality models <_<

None the less,,,

Congrats Sean! :cheers:

Great to see you get a little media exposure for such a gallant project.

Just hope you don't get too overwhelmed with requests!

:cheers:

Good work, very good work.

Long ago, when I first met my wife she also thought of them as toys. After attending a couple club meetings and a contest, she's changed her mind. Of course it also helped when she saw how long it took for me to do a model of her aircraft. She's been very supportive for the last 30+ years that we've been married and when things calm down around here (some day) she has a couple projects of her own that she wants to do.

If nothing else if you would like to do something similar, you could always go to your local V.F.W. and offer to make some for a permanent display. You could talkto some of the members and arrange to make models of what ever aircraft or other vehicle that member operated, worked on, or was assigned to their unit. You could also talk to the local recruiting offices.

just a thought.

I actually visited 2 VFW Posts and spent a fair amount of time explaining what I wanted to do. The entire time I felt like I was being looked at cross eyed like they thought I had some dark and sinister scheme. To keep it short and respectful to any VFW members who may read this, it didn't go well. I thought the heck with them.

I'm sorry they treated you that way. It's sad that people have to feel like there is always some sort of ulterior motive. I'm not a member of the VFW, but have been considering joining one. It's just hard for me to grasp that I actually am a veteran. Maybe as a member I won't be looked at cross eyed.

The offer to help you in any way still stands by the way, even if it's just getting you reference pictures of the planes I have available to me, or donating kits etc. I would rather help build something if I can though...LOL

Curt

OK, I'm overwhelmed!!!!

That sure didn't take long... But I don't understand why you should feel so overwhelmed Sean.

After all, it only takes you about day to build one of your beautifully crafted scale models anyway...

How hard could that possibly be... :rofl:

Well so far I have over 70 requests!

:huh:

I didn't realize that many people still watch the evening news...

PM inbound.

Mark