AZUR Curtiss Hawk 75

Here is my build of the AZUR 1/32 scale Hawk 75 in French service, a tricky build but well worth it, paints are a mix of WEM Colourcoats and Xtracolor, markings are mainly painted on using paint masks from Miracle Paint masks, additional markings are from the Kagero Topcolours "Fighters over France", the full build is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63677&hl=

Cheers

Den

HAWK75131.jpg

HAWK75132.jpg

HAWK75133.jpg

HAWK75134.jpg

HAWK75135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Den,

Looks really good! I've got this one on the bench right now. Looks like you went with Interior Green for the cockpit like me. I found some pics of a restored H-75 and the interior appeared more of a light olive, but I had Interior Green on hand so that's what I went with.

Any issues with the fit?

Den,

Looks really good! I've got this one on the bench right now. Looks like you went with Interior Green for the cockpit like me. I found some pics of a restored H-75 and the interior appeared more of a light olive, but I had Interior Green on hand so that's what I went with.

Any issues with the fit?

Hi there thanks for that, as to the fit the main issue is the engine cowling fit to the fuselage halves, it took a few attempts to get it right, also some of the resin cockpit parts are inferior to the plastic parts so my cockpit is a mixture of plastic and resin, I also managed to break two windscreens, they are quite fragile. Getting the wing to fuselage joint right also is also a bit fiddly and required adjusting the wheel well inserts quite a bit.

And yes I went for interior green for the cockpit, there was quite a good discussion on HS about the subject and I found some photos of an unrestored Thai Hawk 75 cockpit and an original seat from a French aircraft (I think).

The full build is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63677&hl=

Cheers

Den

Den,

Thanks for the link to your build, very informative and should makes things a little less painful(fingers crossed)!

You are very welcome, despite it's faults I was very pleased with this one, its great that AZUR/SH bring us these kits that the "majors" ignore.

Cheers

Den

• 4 weeks later...