Ron Dobrzelecki - Bad Trader

I bought an A-1E conversion from Ron on Aug 18. I asked for a status on the shipment on Aug 30 and he advised Hurricane Irene had flooded out the post office. I asked for status on Sep 6 (after ensuring the Garfield, NJ post offices were up and running). No response. I finally advised I was ready to contact the Postal Inspector and on September 10, he sent me a tracking number. It was not a valid tracking number. Well lo and behold a package shows up from Ron. It is not the right kit. I emailed him and he stated he must have sent my kit to a gentleman in California and his kit to me in North Carolina. He gave me the other person's email. No offer to make it right. I contacted the other buyer, we both now have the correct kits. But wait, Ron shorted me the decals he claimed were in the kit. He has also ignored my request that he refund me and the other buyer the cost of postage for getting the kits where they actually belonged.

If Ron ofers to do business, I would be very wary.

• 1 month later...

I had a very similar transaction with Mr. Dobrzelecki. He wouldn't ship some resin parts I purchased from him long after I sent payment and after about 5 email attempts to get my shipment, I threatened to go to Paypal. He then sent the resin kit I purchased (after a month of complaining), but to the totally wrong address, so I complained to Paypal and got my money back. Thank goodness for buyer protection via Paypal.

Now the good part. Since Ron received the resin parts back from USPS since he screwed up the address (which I gave him 4 times), I made a deal with him. Send the parts to the correct address- WITHOUT payment- and if I receive them, I'll pay him via Paypal again. Shockingly, he sent the parts and I paid him promptly.

Moral of our stories? Make him send the merchandise first, then pay him. It's the only way with Mr. Dobrzeleski. Honestly, I think he means well, it's just that he lacks the execution part of an internet transaction.

I bought a kit from Ron in July/August. Only after threatening to notify the authorities in his area did it get shipped. Only he shipped my kit to another person in California and his kit to me. He then claimed he had mailed me a refund for the postage costs. I finally emailed him and advised he try to repair his reputation and make good on his promises, and I received a check a few days ago, with a request from Ron that I post an acknowledgement of the refund on ARC. What should have been a few days deal for a kit turned into a multi-month marathon and repeated cajoling to get Ron to follow through with what he promised. Whether or not he has made good the refund with the other buyer (and others who have posted about his lack of follow through)remains to be seen. IF Ron has changed his ways, fine, but he has some damage control to do.

JR

• 2 weeks later...