V-6 Engines

Just off the top of my head, either of the Plymoth Prowler kits will have a V-6. You can also find one in the AMT S-10/Sonoma/Jimmy/Blazer kits. Do you just need the engine or the whole kit? I might have a V-6 from a Blazer laying around you could have. It's already built up and painted though.

-Dave

Ok, looks like you can get one out of any of the AMT Ford Ranger kits too.

A quick search through my parts bin did not turn up the built up Blazer engine, but I did find an unbuilt one. I looks like everything is on one sprue, with the exception of the intake manifold and part of the alternator (both chrome, which I also found). The only thing you might need to source would be some of the accesories that mount to the serpentine belt.

-Dave

Just off the top of my head, either of the Plymoth Prowler kits will have a V-6. You can also find one in the AMT S-10/Sonoma/Jimmy/Blazer kits. Do you just need the engine or the whole kit? I might have a V-6 from a Blazer laying around you could have. It's already built up and painted though.

-Dave

I'm looking for the engine/drivetrain/suspension parts as well as anything else that may be useful

If you need a modern V-6 get a Nissan GTR model. That's one of the beastliest V-6s around today.

Do you know which GTR kits have engines? Many of the ones I've seen are curbside kits.

Revell did a really nice supercharged v-6 in their 92 Thunderbird kit. It has been released a number of times as stock/custom and low-rider versions.

ken

Do you by any chance have the kit numbers handy?

Matt B)

I looked through all of the kits that I have, and here are the ones that I found that had V-6's and were RWD:

AMT 8978 - '95 Blazer - 4.3L Vortec

Monogram 2905 - 20th Anniversary Trans Am - 3.8L Turbocharged

Monogram 2765 - Buick Grand National - ?L Turbocharged

Revell 7435 - GMC Cyclone - 4.3L Turbocharged

Any of the AMT mid '90's Blazer/Jimmy/S-10/Sonoma kits are going to have the same drivetrain.

I know that the AMT mid '90's Ford Ranger's had V-6's in them as well, I just don't have the kit numbers for you.

As far as locating them, I would highly recommend using Fred's Model World. Linky

You have to call him to order, but his prices are really, really good, and his shipping is pretty fast too. He updates his online for sale list monthly, but I would bet if you call him and tell him you are looking for a kit with a V-6 in it, he'll be able to point you in the right direction. According to his list, he has an AMT '94 S-10, opened with sealed parts for $4 plus shipping. Hope this helps,

-Dave