10 members have voted

1. 1. Which era is more 'Holistic' of the "Big E"

Ok guys,

I am re-doing (re-fitting) my 1:350 tamya Enterprise, for the second time. FROM a 1985 configuration.

I have a delemer.....I have all the materials to refitt to any post 1980's fitt and was after an opinion.

I like the 2005 config as it is well up to date, and has lots of different techo 'lumps and bumps'.

uss-enterprise-cvn-65.jpg

However I have pause in stearing away from a more recognisable '80/'90's style (-of which there are about a gizzillion of)

image077.jpg

I would like this rebuild to be an encased ultimate one - so I am just after a nudge in the right direction`?

Edited by ixgr1

I liked 2001. CVW-8 on board.

MMmmm nice - and it still has some of the see-thru elevators, but Im kinda heading toward this....

USSEnterpriseBowShot.jpg

which I belive is the last(2005) minor refitt ???

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for your votes....

I am now committed to a 2011 Big E rebuild. See here the kits I have for a CVW-1, which has taken me a few months to assemble. Also the limit to which I have stripped down my Tamyia kit.

25102011079.jpg

I have again, lifted the flight deck on this kit. To further enchance the Hanger I put in 20 years ago.....and hopfuly install the "see thru" (perforated) catwalks.

I was just going with the Superbugs from Trumpeter - until I saw the quality of them.......Mmmmmm, well at least I have some classic bugs from Tamya, for a nostalgic sence ?

well....this is it at the moment - I will start this re-build in about six months (after the centenery of the RMS Titanic's sinking, see my progress insignature)

Edited by ixgr1