1/72 Revell Atlantis-OV-104 finished!

Hi Guys,

Thanks.. I try paste some pictures here direct link..

Atlantis-Left-View-Revell.jpg

Hope you view the pictures here..

Atlantis-Left-Rear-SSMEs.jpg

Atlantis is getting few details and finishing paint touches...

Atlantis-Rear-Right.jpg

Hope this works & I post more updates in pictures  !🙂

Atlantis-Right-vv-Shuttle.jpg

This model is quite heavy!

Atlantis-LL-View-OV-104.jpg

George..

Edited by jetplane

Thanx George ... these pictures look terrific! The last time I tried to post directly, the forum software told me it needed to be smaller than 100kb ... yours look GREAT!

You made the Revell kit look WONDERFUL!

Looking at a past post of yours, did you end up putting on a Drag Chute Compartment? ... Brake lines on the Landing Gear? ... Shiny stuff on the inside of the Gear doors?

I'm growing to LOVE the old Space Shuttles!   :rolleyes:

Pete

Edited by K2Pete
11 hours ago, K2Pete said:

Thanx George ... these pictures look terrific! The last time I tried to post directly, the forum software told me it needed to be smaller than 100kb ... yours look GREAT!

You made the Revell kit look WONDERFUL!

Looking at a past post of yours, did you end up putting on a Drag Chute Compartment? ... Brake lines on the Landing Gear? ... Shiny stuff on the inside of the Gear doors?

I'm growing to LOVE the old Space Shuttles!   :rolleyes:

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks, I use postimage to upload the images, it can be over 100 kb, direct link will place the pictures here in this Forum.

Yes this Shuttle has the drag chute compartment installed since this is the final upgraded version.

A Shuttle collector which happens to be my friend made me a deal to acquire this Revell Atlantis so I am finishing her up and she will find a new home..🤧

Sad to see her go soon.

Chrome silver was painted in the landing gear bays & the landing gears have added struts for extra details.

The wheels looks much nicer than Monogram Shuttle.

There is resin aftermarket wheel set made for the Revell/Monogram 1/72 Shuttle here:

https://www.updraftmodels.com/product-page/1-72-space-shuttle-wheel-set-for-revell

They also have a more detailed accurate Shuttle nose RCS section with tiles engravings & cockpit parts.

I've contacted Eric of the resin maker about re-scaling or creating some Shuttle parts in 1/100 scale

He said possible in the future but not now, it will be nice to make some accurate parts such as SSME, wheel sets for the 1/100 Tamiya

Shuttle since it is the best Shuttle kit yet.

For this Revell kit, most kit parts are used to make it simple.

I have the Monogram 1/72 Shuttle which I will add details  like resin parts, tile decals..etc in my next Project.

Haven't decide the Ship name to model after..🤔

Shuttle-Tail-End.jpg

Rear Wing of tail section.

Shuttle-Tail-OMS.jpg

Drag Chute compartment at Tail base.

Until then.. enjoy modelling!.

George

Edited by jetplane

Your collector friend is gonna be so-o-o pleased with this Shuttle!

Your painting of the OMS tiles and the wings is most excellent George! The shades are so subtle ... Well Done!

I hope we see your posts of the Monogram Shuttle a little sooner than ... 9 years!  :thumbsup:

Pete

Thanks a lot Pete,

Your Shuttle models are great too!! many awesome details for the eyes to feast upon, keep them coming...!!😀

Yeah,  Space Shuttles are history now, but least we can make models of them to live up the excitement of what they were once.

No other space vehicles come so close with many missions & long career such as the reusable Shuttle.

Hope you can build more Shuttles, maybe a full stack, I haven't seen anyone complete a full stack over these years, except for crowe-t...🤪

I have plan to build a 1/144 correct detailed full stack Shuttle one day.

George

Here's some comparison of 1/72 Revell & Monogram Shuttle..

OV099-OV104-Front-Right.jpg

OV099 is pretty old and dusty now, I didn't clean the model yet...😬

OV099-OV104-Rear.jpg

IMHO, I think the Monogram Shuttle has the most accurate shape & profile, except for the larger cockpit windows which can easily rectify.

It has good nice landing gears, but the Revell wheels are far better...both kits have pros & cons.

Shuttle-OV099-OV104.jpg

Monogram OVO99- old kit & build years ago!!

OV099-Right-F.jpg

I think I need to redo the Monogram Challenger later....with better details.😬

George

The Atlantis Model is completed...

OV-104-Atlantis-R-side.jpg

Soon she be moving to a new home.....🥺.

OV-104-Atlantis-LV.jpg

OV-104 is retired....so this Revell model is dedicated to her crews, missions, accomplishments and safe returned..

OV-104-Right-S.jpg

Well, time to move on and continue my other Shuttle builds..😛

George