the monster and the castle

40"x30" oils on canvas i was inspired many years ago to take up painting ( 1995 approx ) i was inspired by a gorgeous painting of a low level tornado flying past a german castle and forrest , at that point i did not have a clue having had no intrest in art at school ( girls and boobs were much more intresting ) so by 1995 the hormones had cooled off a little and i began self teaching myself and it has taken till now till i have decided that i now want to paint my take of that lovely painting i saw so many years ago

about 40 hrs in and i have the layout and the first paint on !!

208070-2007_0402disco0001.JPG

Edited by tornado64

Like the sky hues.

Be careful with the castle though: the wall and towers at the fore are at an angle with the rest, especially the base of the wall. Rotate the entire picture till the castle is level and check for alignment and perspective.

I've learned this the hard way when painting portraits: I could never get the eyes level if the head was tilted.

hi gregg , holmesey !! not been posting simply because i don't get a lot of time nowadays been busy the last 8 months settling into my new job as a mental health support worker working with people with learning disabilities / head injuries etc , also re building /customising a motorcycle , going to goth concerts , airshows , museums and yada yada yada !!

i'm cutting down in the volume of art work and progress will be slower due to other commitments but i get thinking time away from the easel so my plan is to stop rushing at things , step back and have thinking time and in turn hopefully improve my standards !!

i have only 2 paintings planned presently both large works and both planned to take me through this winter , i have lots of holidays built up that i will have to take before april so unless i bugger off to spain or something they will be put to use for painting !!

PAUL,

Nice to hear from you..GOOD THAT you have managed to secure a good job. One that is rewarding I am sure...

Have you introduced the concept of art as therapy to those that you look after to stimulate them ...I THINK you could quite easily get them

interested in small painting projects...Now there is an idea for you... :thumbsup:

anyhoo back to your little project..coming along fine.

HOLMESEY. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cheers holmsey !! yep they do have me doing allsorts with the people i work with basicaly i get paid to go to restraunts , football , art galleries , concerts , swimming , and shed loads of paperwork !! :lol:

anyway a little further on !!

208070-2007_0408disco0003_copy.jpg

Edited by tornado64
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a little further on i thaught i had posted a progress picture here but it would appear i didn't

so far about 120 hours into this one ( taking my time isn't in it !! )

it is a bit further on from this stage as this was around the 110 hrs mark

208070-DSC_0003_edited-1.jpg

Edited by tornado64
  • 2 weeks later...