Ken-

Wow! Love the Super Bug shot with the red strobes - it looks almost demonic, or like a flying ambulance! The shot of the same plane with the vapor and the afterburners is my favorite of the bunch. Cool to see them both together.

thanks guys! Today was a bust with the rain. Left early and editing a few more. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Ragin' Bulls CAG

F-18C_165203_KNTU_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5419.jpg

Super Hornet Demo

F-18F_166467_Oceana_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5983.jpg

VFA-32 Squadron Jet

F-18F_166793_Oceana_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5376.jpg

HH-60H CoNA helo arriving

HH-60H_163787_KNTU_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5076.jpg

Fat Albert with corkscrew vapes

KC-130T_164763_KNTU_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_6176.jpg

the weather had really gone down hill by the time the Blues went up, in fact, they cut it short after a few passes due to inbound storms

the right MLG was really lagging and I didn't think it would retract

F-18C_165763_KNTU_23September2011_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_6319.jpg

thanks for looking

Ken

awesome shots Ken, was hemming and hawing about a trip down there this year. looks like weather fought the show.

thanks Pete! The weather did fight until the end, but I am happy I went and the shots I got

WOW !!!!

Ken the photo of Fat Albert is OUTSTANDINGLY STUNNING.... :yahoo: :wub:

They are all AWESOME.... :wub:

thanks HOLMES!

Ken-

That is TOO COOL! Great shot! :woot.gif:

thanks!

Wow, Fabulous Additional photos, Ken ... :worship:

You Da Man ! :clap2:

Gregg

thanks Gregg!

its great that you caught one of the cona hornets Ken, i know you'd been trying to find them for awhile.

and of course catch that particular hh-60...actually flying, and not say parked in the rescue area :whistle:

thanks Pete! They only had the one out on display - I heard the E model CoNA was among the sea of Hornets parked away from the airshow display. And thanks on the HH-60 - I got walkarounds of that one, and the blue CoNA helo (same one at Quonset) came in Friday evening, and I got walkarounds of that over the weekend.

Yeah, it was a real shame they could not pull out two Super Hornets for display at a Super Hornet Base. I even pulled out my wallet and offered to pay for the diesel fuel used by the tow tractor to tow them the one tenth of a mile past base ops I know there were a lot of people ****** off about this, many of them base personnel. So far, IMHO, the best CoNA show was at Air Venture, Oshkosh, this year.

Yeah, it was a real shame they could not pull out two Super Hornets for display at a Super Hornet Base. I even pulled out my wallet and offered to pay for the diesel fuel used by the tow tractor to tow them the one tenth of a mile past base ops I know there were a lot of people ****** off about this, many of them base personnel. So far, IMHO, the best CoNA show was at Air Venture, Oshkosh, this year.

it would have been a great opportunity to have 1 airplane from every available squadron on display, seeing it was a CoNA event

Excellent photos, Ken! Excellent by any standards, but all the more impressive given the weather.

thanks Ken!