WIP: 1/35 UH-60A MedEvac

Thanks Erick. I'll have to decide which window I go with. I may have to do the Dairy Queen window opened up. I like how it looks.

Norbert - I'm glad mine is inspirational. Come on, build it, build it.... :banana::taunt:

Edited by HeavyArty

Yeah thats about right, some guys had them and some didnt, back in 04-05 when I was there so that is ok. Yep all crew had M-9's and Crewchief and Medic has M-4's or A2's. Some pilots had M-4's and we would stow them by the seats nest to the door. Looks kickin bro really nice. Here is me with my M-4 pulling guard for my medic at an ambush site "near" the Pak border

sal-sep04021-1.jpg

Erick,

Not to go off topic but what are your thoughts about dustoff helo's being unarmed? I'm guessing the bad guys don't respect the red crosses on your ships and if you can have a carbine out the window, is it a significant difference to just mount a -240 for self-defense instead? Maybe there isn't enough room inside for dedicated gunners so the point is moot but I just figured I would ask.

Gino - great work so far, I'm amazed at how fast you are progressing. If I was building this, I would still be working on the pilot's seats. Really looking forward to seeing more progress reports.

I have been continuing the MedEvac build. I have finished the basic construction and am ready to lay down some paint. So here goes as I walk you through it.

First, I used two new products by Cobra Company. They are their latest sets; the Engine Inlet Barrier Filters and the UH-60 Easy Egress Windows. They both look great.

Here are the filters. They went on easily and look awesome. I Think they give it a really mean look.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

On the pilots' windows, I added the interior pull straps that allow the windows to be pulled out for egress in the event of a crash or water ditching. The windows are crystal clear and look great.

IMG_0141.jpg

I also added the CMWS (Counter-Missile Warning System) receptors on the nose and tail, using modified Cobra Company parts. Along with APR-139 receivers on the tail using plastic rod.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

I constructed the antenna on the left side of the fuselage using 0.020 brass rod and plastic rod and sheet, along with small pieces of wire coverings.

IMG_0135.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

I used most of the Eduard Exterior PE set, some of the pieces are rediculously small and I didn't use them with my big hands.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

I also added PE and the de-icing lines on the rotor head.

IMG_0140.jpg

And the PE parts on the tail rotor.

IMG_0139.jpg

I also added the yellow grab handles in the gunner/CEs' window openings.

IMG_0133.jpg

A couple overall pics.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

That's it for this update. I hope to get some paint on it soon.

Looks outstanding. Those inlet filters look great and really add a unique look to this Blackhawk. Did you make any changes to the HIRSS? I thought someone else mentioned that the kit parts are incorrect. Also, where did you get the extra flare dispensers?

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I left the HIRSS as they are in the kit. I too have heard they are at the wrong angle, but they look fine to me. All I did was use the PE support frame from Eduard and I added an extra support rod that was missing.

IMG_0142.jpg

The extra flare bucket was left over from another UH/MH-60 kit. I have a few extras from prior builds where I used Cobra Company sets. Each of the CC sets come with at least 2 resin flare buckets.

Thanks Austin, I like the look of the filters too.

Edited by HeavyArty

Gino, couple of corrections for you, the CMWS sensors on the nose need to be reduced in length a bit look at the pic, the sensor is only a few inches out of the oval shape. APR-39 Antennas are under the stab on the back end of the tail cone fairing, and the support for the HIRSS drops almost straight down. Looking sharp as hell bro keep it up I like it Erick

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00861-2.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

Thanks Erick. Oh well, a little too late. I painted it today. I guess it is close enough. I'm working on the Werner's Wings decals now. They are very nice and snug down easily. There are a bunch of them though. Plugging away...

Edited by HeavyArty

Thanks Erick. Oh well, a little too late. I painted it today. I guess it is close enough. I'm working on the Werner's Wings decals now. They are very nice and snug down easily. There are a bunch of them though. Plugging away...

So much for being accurate on your build....right!!!

I guess you can throw that one out the door from now on.

Oliver