WIP: 1/35 UH-60A MedEvac

Hi Gino,

Great job done and now your MedEvac showed up in all her glory. ;) :thumbsup:

Magnificent!

Nicely done paintwork and weathering. I like desert sand and dust effect the way you simulated it.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Gino, long time ,no talk to..Outstanding hawk my friend ..I 've been seriously thinking about getting back into the hobby.I was surfing the net tonight and came across your bird.Maybe you,erik and floyd all should get together and create a hawk resin set with all of your details in it.Pilots included

Thanks hawkwrench, I'm glad you like it. I hoe you do get back into modeling. I don't know about a full resin update set. Keep your eyes on Cobra Company though, they may have some interesting sets coming.

• 3 months later...

Thanks, It was a fun build. As to your question...

Nemrod has a modern H-60 crew and a couple of guys that look like a crew chief and a AF PJ that have HGU-56 helmets w/NVG mounts. There are no figures that come with the maxillofacial shield though.

nem35201.JPG

nem35200.JPG

The shield is pretty easy to make with some putty though. I have done it, but haven't painted it up or taken pics of it yet. I got bogged down with the ground figures, wounded, crew chiefs (one has the shield), and dio base for this build. I may get back to them soon, we'll see.

Edited by HeavyArty

Thanks, It was a fun build. As to your question...

Nemrod has a modern H-60 crew and a couple of guys that look like a crew chief and a AF PJ that have HGU-56 helmets w/NVG mounts. There are no figures that come with the maxillofacial shield though.

nem35201.JPG

nem35200.JPG

The shield is pretty easy to make with some putty though. I have done it, but haven't painted it up or taken pics of it yet. I got bogged down with the ground figures, wounded, crew chiefs (one has the shield), and dio base for this build. I may get back to them soon, we'll see.

That is awesome. Would like to see that face shield all painted up. BTW, those Nemrod figures are NO where to be found. Bah!

Edited by Boomstick

Great build, great thread - I have a South Korean release of the Blackhawk, together with the WW MedEvac and Cobra sets, so this is going to be very useful, many thanks for sharing.

It sounds like you are set. Good luck and be sure to post pics of it. Another MedEvac Blackhawk is always welcomed.

• 2 months later...

Since I am moving in a couple of weeks, I didn't want to start a new model, so I took out a couple figures that I had started and never finished for this project. The figures are the two crewmen; the Crew Chief and Flight Medic, for the UH-60A MedEvac.

Here are both of them.

IMG_0161.jpg

The Crew Chief in sand flight suit is a heavily converted Verlinden 1/32 Cobra Pilot. I shortened his torso and legs a bit to make him 1/35. I swapped out his arms with a couple from the Coree UH-60 crew set (with the Barbie pilot), and used a head with HGU-56 helmet from the Nemrod UH-60 Crew that I cast up. I then added the maxillofacial shield from A&B putty.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

The Flight Medic is from the Trumpeter CH-47D Crew Set. I added the leg pockets with A & B putty and used a cast of the Nemrod helmet. The Trumpeter figures are really short in stature, but that happens in real life too, so no issues.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

All of the decals; unit patches, flags, helmet patches, etc. were made by me on my home computer/printer with computer decal paper as well.

I really like the look of the Crew Chief with the maxillofacial shield. I am playing with different skull images for the shield decal. We'll see how that comes out.

Edited by HeavyArty