Jump to content

MQ-9 Reaper WIP

Recommended Posts

Finally posting pictures....

I added a spare poly-insert from my kit spares so I can add the prop later.


There is a hinge/panel lines at the seam and when I glued it, it was not that crisp of a line. I filled the seam then re-scribed a cleaner line.


Wingtip light mod, I drilled a small hole in the clear part and filled the hole with Tamiya clear red & green.


The real wingtip, the colored part is just a small portion.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid me...I did not read the decal instructions and did not plug the FLIR turret. After putting on the decals, i had to go back and fill the hole. Decals on one side of the dome came off which is why I am searching for a replacement set.


Instructions call for the removal of the upper SATCOM dome which is correct for the decals era however the dome was added to IKHANA later on so I will be putting that on. Correct or not, I do not want to fill any more holes....

Link to post
Share on other sites

All done, check out the "finished builds" section for more.

Note, add nose weight (at least 1/4 oz) and this build took more weight since it does not have the turret. I added about another 1/8 oz for a total of 3/8 oz.


Edited by drhornii
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...