Latin american GB?

Latin american GB  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• HELL YEAH!
    • Maybe
    • Nah not my thing

• 4 weeks later...

SBARC has the calendar, if you don't have any firm dates in mind just ask where he can fit you in. Most of the current GBs are ending by Dec 31 so early next years seems like a good time to aim for.

Personally I like to tie dates to something meaningful, for example on my Arctic / Antarctic GB it will run from Winter Solstice in Dec to Summer Solstice in June. You don't have to do that though, there is nothing wrong with just picking some dates.

I've mederated one GB here and there isn't a whole lot to it. A little bit of technical stuff to learn, and setting up a few posts (rules / sign up, finished builds, plus any others you want to include) but mostly you are just finding stuff to encourage participation and pimping the GB to lure in more participants. If you are so inclined you can try to seek out raffle prizes, but that is not a requirement.

Other GBs are a great place to look for ideas.

I'm going to be running a GB of my own, so will have enough on my plate, but I think Pep is an experienced moderator and I'd be happy to act as a technical advisor if you get stuck.

Edited by Aaronw

we now have a dato! well sort of, just need the last Green light from SBARC :thumbsup:

Start of the GB: 10 of January, the GB ends on the 10. of June. We have also a Sponsor of the GB, Aztec decals have agreed to donate some of their cool sheets!

Edited by MIG Mikkel
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Start: 10. january

End: 10. june

Regards,

Mikkel

Great news about the date, Sir!

I just today managed to track down enough information on the Chilean Curtiss Hawks to make that a viable project. Found an article from the Chilean Aerospace Museum on the topic on-line; it nails down questions of markings and sub-types and usage I had not yet been certain of.