1/48 Tamiya F-16C->F-16D TuAF 152. Filo

Thank you very much all. I am almost there, but not quite :) Periklis, thank you for the note about the seat sensors. yes, mine is a block 50. I thought about your suggestion then decided to keep them the way they are. Mostly because they create some visual interest (though inaccurate), but I also don't want to fix the seats when the parts come off. I very much appreciate your info though.

I had an accident with the canopy so I am waiting to get that fixed (painting + future). Meanwhile, I added the sets and the HUD display.

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG

I made the canopy support from a sewing needle. I enlarged the hole in the piston base, then sized the needle and broke off the end with using a pair of pliers and a hammer.

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5520.JPG

Static wicks made from toothbrush bristles but not painted yet.

IMG_5521.JPG

A view of the loadout.

IMG_5522.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

but you need to remove the seat sencors and place them in the down position......if its a block 50

This is not a Block 50-specific mod, nor is it fleet-wide on all Block 50s. Personally, all the Turkish Block 50s I've photographed have the original seat pitots as shown in this model.

Another small, but very visible, mod you can do is to add the small vents that are so prominent on the fairing aft of the canopy on D-model Vipers.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Excellent work! Easily one of the best F-16 builds I have seen here and elsewhere.

PS: As the designer of the decal sheet, I am glad to see them used on a model of this level; I will send you a PM so we can put some photographs of your build on the Web site.

• 2 weeks later...