Did anyone mention Dragon's F-18E/F? They arent too bad, nice crisp molding. Good weapon load outs, nice choices of markings. Only drawback is that the wings are designed to be folded up, needs a bit of putty if you want them locked down to 'flying' position.

Also you normally get two planes to a box... with different markings!

If you also consider 1/144 helos, the new tool Revell Apache is SUPERDUPERAWESOME.

How are the Dragon Black/Seahawk kits? Are they any good? I'm thinking w/the E-2C I have and the A-6E and four F/A-18A's DonG gave me, as well as a Tomcat or two that I want to buy, I could throw a couple of helos in the mix and have myself a pretty good Navy Air Wing.

Aaron

Did anyone mention Dragon's F-18E/F? They arent too bad, nice crisp molding.

It needs a lot of putty on the undersides of the LERXs, the fuselage-lower wing, the nose-section-to-fuselage join, and the rear fuselage section. I've built every sort of 1/144 F/A-18 and all of them have some sort of fit problem.

If you also consider 1/144 helos, the new tool Revell Apache is SUPERDUPERAWESOME.

It totally is, but it has so many tiny parts it isn't a model for beginners or someone looking for something easy.

How are the Dragon Black/Seahawk kits? Are they any good?

They are nice. A little lacking in detail in the hub and cabin interior. I think most helicopter kits are let down by having a thick solid clear nose part (it almost always ends up looking toy like), but I don't see any other way of doing it.

• 2 months later...

F-117 Nighthawk:

This is pure fiction and the tooling clearly draws on old artist concepts from when the aircraft was still quite classified.

Dang! Wish I read this post before I got this model. And Google confirms the fantasy aspects very clearly. Lots of large issues, let alone the smaller stuff. Oh well, out it goes...

Thanks for the input; will keep this thread handy!

edit: If the shape issues don't bother you, it would have needed a fair bit of filler...

Edited by David N Lombard