Boeing 747-133 "Air Canada" Revell 1:390

Hallo again B)

after the little "JAL"-747 I just finished another "Bonsai-Jumbo", this time in 1/390 scale (Revell/Matchbox).

It´s a 747-133 from Air Canada > *KLICK*

The assembly was more or less smoothly, although I've made some corrections of shape in the front area. Furthermore, the engine inlets were a bit "rounded" because they are oval as from the kit - another necessary change was the removal of the small satellite antenna fairing just behind the fuselage hump ...

So, let´s start up with direct size comparison - it is ... small! :D

ac2z.jpg

Since the cockpit decal from the kit is too big, I've used the decal from a 1/450 scale kit - it works but in my opinion it´s still a little too big...?! :rolleyes:

ac1k.jpg

The whole model is sealed with a floor-wax called "W5" - it´s something like "Future"..

747ac2.jpg

747ac3.jpg

Revell delivers a complete decal for the tail but unfortunately it´s printed in dark blue so the tail has to be painted (green, Humbrol 3) - the worst part of it was to cut out the Maple Leafs from the decalsheet. At the given size of the little corners and jags this was very demanding...but I did it! :nanner:

ac3p.jpg

The painting of the really small (!) wheels was also very...well, let´s call it interesting! :bandhead2:

In addition, all landing gear doors from the kit are much too thick and were replaced by using thin plastic material - the nose gear was extended a little, otherwise the little Jumbo would have taken a stance like for a the catapult launch ... ;)

ac5x.jpg

747ac5.jpg

Edited by airforce_mike

I removed the engine-outlets from the kit because they looked messy. I built new ones from 1/48 Sidewinder-Missile heads... :P

747ac.jpg

The silver leading-edges of the engines were hand-painted by the good old brush... :blink:

747ac4.jpg

747ac6.jpg

Last picture, again in comparison to a colour-tin...

ac4y.jpg

Finally, I would like to apologize again for my non perfect english?! :whistle:

Hope You´ll Like It - Happy modeling! :D

Greetz from Germany

Edited by airforce_mike