Need Help with Beaufighters

A friend's father was a member of the 455 Squadron RAAF, in WW2, based at Dallachy, Scotland. As a gift, I am building him a rep Beaufighter from that squadron, using the Airfix 72nd scale kit. I need to come up with aircraft numbers, and appropriate decals for the selected aircraft. I know that ID's for that squadron began with "UB", but that's as far as I've gotten. Any ideas or recommendations are most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edited by Mike Stephens

KW277 "D"; NT914 "M"; NE223 "Y"; LZ192 "H"; NT987 "W"; NV423 "W" (later UB-H); NV199 "O"; NV423 "W"; NE668 "Z"; NE204 C1; NE325 D1; NE196 P1; NE200 UB-A; LZ407 UB-F; NE207 UB-N; NE342 UB-G; NE543 UB-N; NE777 UB-T; NE798 UB-Q; NT923 UB-Z; NT954 UB-A; NV432 UB-D; RD329 UB-X; RD332 UB-C; RD427 UB-G.

Edgar

Av8fan & Edgar,

Thank you very much for your help on this, I sure do appreciate it!!

I think I now have enough to go on.

As you may have figured out, the Beaufighter was a somewhat unfamiliar aircraft to me, having seem some photos of it in the past; however, it held little interest for me, as I concentrated more on other aircraft types. Now, I want to do something special for my friend, and I am hoping that the information you've provided will help.

Thanks again!!

Mike