What other hobbies do you guys and gals have?

Sounds like I will have to tune into this podcast as it seems interesting. Something to have on in the background while at the bench.

:cheers:/>/>

Link:

https://peter-bruno-5stm.squarespace.com/intro-1/#intro-1

Yup...background noise while at the bench! That's typically where I'll listen to the playback. :)/>

Edited by 82Whitey51
  • 1 year later...

Cod season started December 1 !  I'm tying all my own flies these days for trout, cod, bass and carp.  Very satisfying catching fish on your own creations, even if they are a lot rougher than the pristine shop-bought models. The fish don't seem to care.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2011 at 5:21 PM, Jinro said:

What qualifies as a decent bassist?

I can play scales up and down but I can't create anything worth a damn yet. :boohoo:

want to find out how good a bass player you are? Then pay a visit to the International Bassist Society convention. I did once, and then went to see the concert they put on. It was dedicated to Scott LaFaro (possibly the finest bassist to ever play).  I was just stunned everytime zi saw somebody playing. Didn't matter is it was a regular electric or a stick. The best were the acoustic uprights with cat gut strings and un-mic'd. Only the masters attempted this combo.

gary 

I am into cycling, (the kind you have to pedal).  Mountain, road, and cyclocross.  It is tough this time of year to get out and ride but usually at least once a week.  Another hobby I have is running a bike shop.

Geoff M

Cars

34811907053_0689f74411_c.jpg

Guitars - in a band in HS - Paul on the left, Mike on the drums, Steve on the bass and me on the right.  I have four other guitars.

27080499919_d032cde69e_c.jpg

Golf - Paul and I (37 yrs after HS) on vacation this year at Harbour Town.  We play golf together weekly here at home in the summer.

38825862392_07697ced0a_c.jpg

Yeah, you have never heard of it???  :rolleyes:

After purchasing the vehicle and having a long and bitter fight with the lousy (still today, which is why I go to another dealer) Ford dealer who sold the car, I gave up on trying to get the correct stripes for the car and went my own way!! During this battle I discovered a few ways to lessen my carbon footprint by improving vehicle efficiency!?!?!! It now puts out the flywheel rated HP at the rear wheels and my next step is to push that to 250 @ the flywheel!! And besides some guy named Shelby had all the other versions copyrighted! I got the stripes cut by a local trophy shop who did the trophies for our club, cost me about $25 back in 2003, the install labour was mine. Except for the bumper covers the paint is factory stock and a Stalker front cover will be installed next summer.

It's my toy and will turn 18 next year!

3 minutes ago, Flyboyf18 said:

After purchasing the vehicle and having a long and bitter fight with the lousy (still today, which is why I go to another dealer) Ford dealer who sold the car...

Looks good, G.  Which dealer?  I bought both my Mustangs at Lincoln Heights.  Great sales and service.  I went to a few dealers when I bought my first one.  I went to Sterling (not very attentive), Jim Keay (knobs! - salesman tried to sell me a stereo with a car attached :angry: ), Campbell's (arrogant) and settled with LH.  Car I was wanting wasn't in stock but they facilitated a dealer trade for me.

Flyboyf18

Which engine do you have? I am assuming it's a 6. I had a '86 Foxbody with the 5.0 and after the warranty expired I did some major work including a super charger and up'd mine to 407 hp at the rear. 10 yrs later I did a major refit and dropped a 351 Cleveland in it, also with a blower and it dyno'd out at 610 hp at the flywheel. It was a lot fun working on and driving.

Cheers :cheers:

Itch

Edited by Cajun21
On 12/5/2017 at 2:49 PM, AX 365 said:

Looks good, G.  Which dealer?  I bought both my Mustangs at Lincoln Heights.  Great sales and service.  I went to a few dealers when I bought my first one.  I went to Sterling (not very attentive), Jim Keay (knobs! - salesman tried to sell me a stereo with a car attached :angry: ), Campbell's (arrogant) and settled with LH.  Car I was wanting wasn't in stock but they facilitated a dealer trade for me.

At the home of the 'knobs', I sure the sales guy was pissed that I wouldn't take the black one, they had to get the Red Beauty from Kanata!! Since then I have gone to Sterling (3 new cars) and they changed since I drove away disappointed when trying to buy the 'Stang! A quick story about the knobs; first car I got from Sterling was a Fiesta with a 5 speed, on occasion when shifting from 2nd to third the shifter wouldn't go into the gate. Mentioned it to the service team on a check and they found the shift gate broken, ordered in some parts then while they tore the tranny apart for the fix got me a rental, actually drove it to my work site later in the day!! Ran like a charm after. One of the ladies at work had the same model and I asked her if she had the same problem, she said yes, so I told that mine had been fixed. She took it to the 'knobs' they test drove the car said it's intermittent don't worry about it?? Her husband went back with her the next day they hummed and hawed consult Ford and were told to rebuild the tranny, to get to that point took a couple of weeks!!?? She got the car back and soon discovered they had forgotten a part, 17 years unimpeded by progress!!

Cajun21 it's the 3.8 with Ford Racing quasi dual exhausts, larger throttle body, cold air intake & purple oil!!!

On 2017-12-05 at 12:49 PM, AX 365 said:

You guys both live in Ottawa, drive red Mustangs, have the same passion for the same hobby, yet it doesn’t sound like you know each other.

You guys should get together, go to the Keg, have dinner, and tip a few beers.

Pick up Steve Sauve on the way, I bet both of you know him (as do I).

:)

As my thumbnail photo would indicate, I love to fish..... tiger musky fishing to be exact. I've been hooked on it for the last six years. Even my wife has gotten into it, and she has put some very quality fish into the net. And easy fishing it is not! I think that's why I like it. It can be incredibly challenging. Every day on the water you have to put a complicated puzzle together to figure them out, and every day it changes. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, and about the time that you think that you've got them figured out, you find out the hard way that you don't! But the rewards can be great...... there's nothing like watching a three to four foot long green torpedo bearing down on your lure, knowing that its about to get crushed, or watching your top water lure disappear into a swirl the size of a coffee table! It will nearly stop you heart ;0) Then the fight is on, and if it goes well, you get the fish into the net, unhooked, hold it up for a photo, measure it, and then put it back in the water to fight another day. Its a wonderful feeling. Now I'm ready to fish dammit!

I have also put my modeling skills to good use, and have been painting lures for the last several years. I rarely catch fish on a "factory" paint job anymore. Nearly everything I catch is on one of my customs, which is always an extra bit of satisfaction ;0) Fred K.

I also like another type of building.  Taking basket case bikes and rebuilding them into runners.  Nothing more satisfying then taking a bunch of parts and turning into complete machines.  Here's a couple.

This 1989 KDX200:

26Wt7My.jpg

Into this:

TLV9tZK.jpg

And a 1989 YZ125 that was in a bunch of Tupperware bins:

4vmmWYJ.jpg

To finally this:

70wBBA1.jpg

Just waiting on the graphics for this one.