Italeri doing a 1/32 F-104G?

My LHS got the latest Italeri catalog and one thing had me do a double take. In the 1/32 section, I saw a listing for an F-104G. I tried looking up additional information on it, but the number printed for it was the same one as their rebox of the Kinetic 1/32 F-86 Sabre kit. Is this really something Italeri is doing, or is it something from Kinetic being reboxed? I was going to start looking for an F-104 in 1/32 for a conversion I want to do, but I may just wait for this instead, unless it takes them a long time (like the still not issued ATR which has been in the pipeline about what...three years now?)

If it's an F-104G... The tail will b wrong for a USAF jet. However you can do a German one in USAF markings.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Curt

That is specifically what I was thinking of. Some F-104Gs (Lockheed USA built I believe as opposed to European built ones) were used as test airframes in spots and also kept the NMF USAF markings. Plus, I am thinking of the NF-104 as even though it was a rebuilt F-104A airframe, it had the longer G style tail where the rocket was mounted. Plus, I figure if a new tool F-104G is coming out, somebody somewhere is likely to do resin to backdate it into a C model with the C-2 seat, non-bulged gear doors, early style wheels and a tail chop. Even without the tail chop though, such parts would open things up to do other jets, such as CF-104s, Darryl Greenamyer's Red Baron and some other planes that straddle the range of not being quite F-104Gs.

One thing I do find appealing about an F-104 in 1/32 is the thing is so skinny it can fit into a shelf space that other 1/32 models can't do as easily. Which is primarily why I would love to do one (or two, or three).

A google check of Italeri F-104G 2502 shows that as far back as Jan 2010 there was mention of it so maybe they are finally releasing it, in the future.

Then again, we were promised an 1/72nd Italeri Canberra B.2/6 for 2010...

Cheers,

Andre

I dont think so because Italeri have a collaboration with Tamiya (see some 1:72nd and recently 1:48th kits Italeri reboxed by Tamiya) and not with Hasegawa

Roberto

Edited by Drake64

Will be a new tool, that is for sure. Maybe in collaboration with Kinetic?? Hope they will just avoid all those deep rivets!

Those deep rivets don't scare me... The way my heavy-handed airbrush skills are, they'll be filled up in no time! :D

I have a sheet of 1/32 Hellenic "Mount Olympos" markings for a -104G that I can't wait to do up. A new -104G in 1/32 is great news... I'll remain hopeful but will not necessarily be sad if it's a Hasegawa repop.

• 1 month later...

Ho to all of you.

I well informated person of my model club,wich is deep inside "model world",told that italeri sold to trumpeter the mold they did,in fact,seems the job was not completely finished,and tehy prefer to drop it,seems for a matter of raisisng cost.

So it will be trumpeter to release a new F-104 in the early future ,based on the italeri mold.

hi...

I don't know wheter it will come out,early or after that rather than those....

Sorry!!!the "insider" wich told me that, doesn't told me anything more nor les than what i wrote.

That's all,at least fot the moment.

But he is a realble person,and if he state that,i can believe it.

Let's see.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye

Hopefully this is true. I just received my run of 1:32 NMF (RCAF+3 era) CF-104 decals. I should be able to start selling them once I'm settled.

The Has kit, while 'okay', isn't up to snuff with the new 1:32 kits out there.

New Sheet and Instructions.

decal_sample.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

I just had correspondence with the guy who would know. To put all the rumors to rest, this is an Italeri kit, not a Kinetic kit. It has *nothing* whatsoever to do with Trumpeter in any way, shape, or form. The tooling is being done in China like most tooling these days, but not by Trumpeter.

The kit is still being tooled, so there is no release date set (at least not carved in stone).

PS: Being as it's an Italeri kit, I can hardly wait to see the price tag it's going to have!

Edited by Jennings

I just had correspondence with the guy who would know.

Could you perchance inquire, while you're at it, when Italeri will deem us worthy to be graced with the 1/72nd Canberra B.2 we were promised as far back as their 2010 catalogue..?

PS: Being as it's an Italeri kit, I can hardly wait to see the price tag it's going to have!

Import / export / dollar rate. Over here in Europe Italeri prices are most reasonable.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Could you perchance inquire, while you're at it, when Italeri will deem us worthy to be graced with the 1/72nd Canberra B.2 we were promised as far back as their 2010 catalogue..?

He wouldn't have any way to know that. That's an internal Italeri thing, and he doesn't work directly for them.

Import / export / dollar rate. Over here in Europe Italeri prices are most reasonable.

Really? Lots of people complain about it! Their prices everywhere took a large jump all at once a few years ago, about the time they hooked up with MRC in the US. Prices here just about doubled over night. That didn't have anything to do with the exchange rate.

Last "rumour" I heard was that they had dropped it and Revell had picked it up. No idea if any of this is true though. I hope we do get a new Canberra :pray:

----------------------