Vancouver IPMS show October 8th, 2011

It was an excellent show, some really nice stuff there and it was good to see Wayne Hui's 1/48 Tornado. Here are a few of the many pics I shot:-

IMG_2202.jpg

Drew Hatch's 1/48 CH-53. Very big, very nice.

IMG_2214.jpg

Hobbycraft 1/72 Banshee

IMG_2216.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen

IMG_2219.jpg

A beautiful build of Revell's 1/32 Ju88

IMG_2225.jpg

Nice paintwork on Special Hobby's 1/32 P-39

IMG_2226.jpg

A rarely seen kit: Aeroclub 1/48 DHC Chipmunk in Canadian markings.

IMG_2242.jpg

Great execution on Tamiya's 1/32 Spit.

IMG_2245.jpg

Only one I've seen finished: Airfix 1/24 Mosquito

IMG_2265.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 T-33 in CAF scheme

IMG_2280.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Skyraider motorised and illuminated on a diorama base.

IMG_2309.jpg

Big Trumpeter 1/32 Su-25 with immmaculate camo work.

IMG_2310.jpg

1/72 post-war Czech He-111, from the Italeri kit.

The Su-25 had paintwork I can only dream of aspiring to, and the Tornado was just stunning.

My day there started by holding the door open for the Ju-88 as it was arriving. :P

I don't suppose any of you got a pic of the RCAF MiG-21?

Barney, thanks for posting the pics. Great shots, the show looked like it was another good one.

The plane crashed on the merry-go-round: Was that based the plane that crashed on the Midway at the Calgary Stampede long long ago?

Alvis 3.1

Barney, thanks for posting the pics. Great shots, the show looked like it was another good one.

The plane crashed on the merry-go-round: Was that based the plane that crashed on the Midway at the Calgary Stampede long long ago?

Alvis 3.1

Yeah. Next to the display was a copy of a newspaper article and photo of the event. I thought the diorama represented the photo very well.

Hi Barney and Mike, thanks for taking the pics. It was nice to see old friends again. I thought the fireman's club was a club you had to be a member of, so we didn't go in :( Oh well, next time. Some nice models were on display. Barney's Chipmunk and Mike's Lanc were very nice, as was the big Ju-88. There was a lovely looking 1/32 F-4J as well. I didn't score much plastic this year. I was eyeing up a Trumpeter 1/32 Harrier in the vendor room for a very good price, but chickened out :( Bravo to Peter Hickey, Chris and company for a great show.

Cheers

Brad

OMG !!! WOW ! WOW !!!

Just look at the high standards of those beautifully Built Models...MODELS..

All are EXQUISTE AND EXCELLENT TO see...WONDERFUL workmanship.... The SANTA MARIA looks FABULOUS..

I Like the Spitfire, the Skyraider but I think the

CH-53 takes the BISCUIT....AWESOME STUNNING looking Helo !!!

Edited by HOLMES

Thanks for posting the pictures. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year(at least I was able to send a few models) so I have to enjoy the show looking at pictures others have posted. Has anyone else noticed out that the Skyraider with the prop turning has no pilot? I saw that when the model was in Seattle earlier this year.

Thanks guys for the photos. There sure are some extremely talented people out there.

I look forward to this show all year saving my toonies and loonies for the vendor room. I couldn't make it this year. Now the clock starts the count-down for next year. Good news is I'll have more toonies and loonies for next year.

I'll be the guy trying to hold my pants up while carrying around my loot. :rolleyes:

re: the missing Skyraider pilot: Maybe someone should paint up a pilot and stick it in there at one of the shows?! whistle.gif

Another year I was unable to make it. I'm hoping to make it next year though.

Edited by blunce