P-47D Bubbletop - "Tandyerbolt"

Hi, my name is Tibor, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post here.

I usually make AFV subjects, this is my first finished plane.

P-47D Bubbletop - "Tandyerbolt", 1/48 Tamiya, 255th IAP, Vayenga 1 airfield, Spring 1945

The plane:

IMG_2572_cr.jpg

IMG_2565_cr.jpg

IMG_2561_cr.jpg

IMG_2581_cr.jpg

IMG_2580_cr.jpg

Some details:

IMG_1277_cr.jpg

IMG_1132_cr.jpg

For those interested in the historical background about soviet lend lease P-47D, I posted some other pictures and a more comprehensive text about the model on the sovietwarplanes.com research site here.

Any comments and criticism are welcome

Regards

Tibor

Hi there,

thanks for the nice comments and welcome.

Bigasshammm, the overpainting was airbrushed using a tamiya like semi transparent yellow masking tape. I used the tamiya and an aircobra decal sheet as a template for the original US insignia.

In real these were done most likely with a paintbrush, but it was a precise job. You can get some imagination from Aircobra wrecks, where similar overpainting was used.

The stars and the number are AML decals, some stencils are from Hobby Deacal dry transfers. The no. 23 is also a home made stencil from tape, using the original AML decal as a template.

Tibor

Welcome and congratulations! That's a remarkably convincing T-bolt, with just the right amount of sheen to the finish and a truly artistic handling of "one colour" camouflage. It's got that hard-to-define "real" feeling about it. Pure inspiration!

Best,

Joachim

• 8 months later...