Virus Hits UAV Fleet

Oh wow. That's messed up. Wonder how that happened. Maybe the machines are taking over. Lol.

Or maybe it is a certain country on the Pacific rim that has an extensive history of hacking into US government IT systems?

It's largely immaterial who did it. Because it's repeatable. Whether it's another nation's state security assets, or some Mountain-Dew quaffing fourteen year old with the XBOX gamer-handle like "S0ledd Chronik" or "AyKayF0rtyS3v3n," the fact is that either attacking that country or kicking in that kid's bedroom door isn't going to solve the problem.

Is there an unhackable system? Perhaps continually created or updated, at a rapid pace? Short of that, I'm not certain the problem is stoppable.

Great. Some jackass airman or civilian probably infected one of the drives when he was trying to download something stupid from the web (videos perhaps?) and this is the result.

This is what I was thinking before I even read the article. I mean, operators taking flashdrives in and out of the system?

Sounds like we got cocky and grossly overestimated our own systems. Gee, like thats a newsflash.

Its probably not a severe problem and can be fixed. But talk about embarassin'....

Edited by dahut

This is what I was thinking before I even read the article. I mean, operators taking flashdrives in and out of the system?

Sounds like we got cocky and grossly overestimated our own systems. Gee, like thats a newsflash.

Its probably not a severe problem and can be fixed. But talk about embarassin'....

I'm more concerned with a virus that is planted into a network and just lays dormant until it is needed. Information warfare is truly the battleground of the 21st century. I saw some pics of a Russian hydroelectric plant that had a virus inserted into it's SCADA system and it was absolutely devastated. I don't get the warm and fuzzy that the US is adequately protected against a threat like this.

Edited by 11bee

It's largely immaterial who did it. Because it's repeatable. Whether it's another nation's state security assets, or some Mountain-Dew quaffing fourteen year old with the XBOX gamer-handle like "S0ledd Chronik" or "AyKayF0rtyS3v3n," the fact is that either attacking that country or kicking in that kid's bedroom door isn't going to solve the problem.

LOL I can tell you are familiar with Live :thumbsup: one of my favs was "harryballsagna"

Edited by TaiidanTomcat