Aztek Cleaning and Maintenance Tips

Glad I found this, I just finished painting a model with my Aztek and I ran into some of the problems mentioned in this thread. Now I know how to clean the nozzle that is getting plugged up. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, first english is not my prime language, -- I was doing airbrush back in the 70's and now again I started using this lovely tool, but it has been a story in itself just getting here, --- I was used to Aerograph Super63 and Letraset CO2, brands not particular well known but that was the choice back then this contry. But to stay on topic, among four quality brushes in an Ebay lot, I got this Aztek 3000S packed in a fold-out box but as it seem, with only the most nessery, -- a few items are missing, but the pen with gray nozzle and one sidecup with top and locker are there beside hose.

It wasn't realy this brush that made me bid on the lot, but the tree other metal brushes. One Aerograph 63S with round cup and two Grafo was the bait and now here,---- I am happy I got the lot at a fair price and I am no first starter, --- but this Aztek surprises me and I am happy to have found this tread.

I understand that the Aztek in fact are one of the only airbrushes designed with the user in mind and that most others, basicly are designs avaible for decades. My first surprise about a brush compleatly -- allmost -- in plastic, is replaced with with wondering what use this item will serve -- if it is worth spending the money on the few pieces missing and the nozzles that could be an idea, But the pen also came without instructions, only the paper box it was sold in and the plastic fold-out container and that don't offer any written start help, --- so while I allready profited heavily from the tread, I wonder if there on the web, is some of the detail description and user manual, I suppose would be there if I had bought the pen new.

Morning All!

Following on from the main theme here, I've had my Aztek A7778 for a couple of years now, and while its been great, its now beginning to leak air from the body itself, which is giving me issues when spraying.

I'm aware of the lifetime guarantee with the Aztek products, but wondered if some kind soul could tell me if there's a UK address I can send it to for repair or if it has to go all the way back to Testors in the States?

Thanks guys, help would be greatly appreciated!

;)

Morning All!

Following on from the main theme here, I've had my Aztek A7778 for a couple of years now, and while its been great, its now beginning to leak air from the body itself, which is giving me issues when spraying.

I'm aware of the lifetime guarantee with the Aztek products, but wondered if some kind soul could tell me if there's a UK address I can send it to for repair or if it has to go all the way back to Testors in the States?

Thanks guys, help would be greatly appreciated!

:jaw-dropping:

Hi,

These are the contact details I've used when returning my airbrush:

Ripmax Ltd

241 Green Street

Enfield

EN3 7SJ

020 8282 7500

Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've added a review of the Aztek to my website. I hope it is of some value. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Don

I just want to say to all the experienced modeler's on this topic on the care and tips to keep air brush and tips clean, you rock. I too am a newbie at this, so I appreciate your help with much respect! I also have the Aztek A370 starter kit as well.

Tonal

• 7 years later...

Howdy,

Exactly what is ARC?

I am a newbie to this site, but not to airbrushing.  I had purchased a Harbor Freight double action bottom feed airbrush and it worked for about a week.  After getting clogs, I decided to take it apart and clean it.  Wow, was that a mistake.  While cleaning it the trigger and back rocker fell out and I could never get it back together and tried to force it in and broke the trigger and bent the back rocker and threw them away.  After finding Don Wheeler's site on airbrush tips I found out that I could order parts for the Chinese airbrush.  So will order a new trigger and back rocker.  His site is very informative and showed me how to reassemble the Chinese airbrush.  Oh yeah, I am a model railroader and was using the airbrush for painting some locomotive shells and weathering some rolling stock cars.  A friend of mine (God rest his soul) had given me a Badger 250 so I hooked it up to my compressor and found out that it did a fairly good job of painting the locomotive shells.  Then I tried using it to spray some gloss top coat and didn't fair too well.  It came out a little splotchy.  Now I can't wait to get my Chinese airbrush parts to use it again.

I read a lot since I'm retired and have nothing else to do and Don Wheeler's site referred me to this interesting thread on Aztek airbrushes.  Nice to find out that they have such a good guarantee.  But then, so does Badger.  After reading all about the Aztek's, I think I should look for one.  I do like some of the features that this airbrush has according to all your posts.

Rusty in eastern Tennessee

• 1 year later...

Hi, well I've been usings my Aztek for many years now with no problems, I would say I'd recommend them to anyone but having read some of the comments here I'm in two minds about that. Mine was purchased for me by a Kodak employee from Kodak in the late 80's / early 90's (I've lost track). Obviously mine is a very early model and it seems fairly bullet proof provided it's kept clean. My suggestion, if you can get an early second hand model (pre Testors) then you'd probably be OK. As an aside, I've put all sorts through mine from inks and acrylics, ceramic stains and thin glazes and modelling enamels, all has been fine if cleaned well, it's even sat unused for a number of years but revied easily with a cleanup. Am I a fan? Yes I am.

Welcome to ARC Ravnali. :post1:

This thread is in one the forum archives, where old posts are retired to live a life of ease. Nothing wrong with posting here, you just won't get much response. Better to stick with the active forums one level up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mstor