I think it's quite funny the pilot was doing the Catholic, Holy Cross while in the cockpit, plane running down the runway.

"Oh no this is an old airplane please make sure it can fly dear God Almighty!" :D

I don't see ANYTHING wrong with that. Heck, I did it myself a couple times in the cockpit of my AA-5 Traveler before takeoff (with one of them being a full father, son and holy spirit thing). And by prayer I don't mean just the ole Al Shepherd "Oh lord, please don't let me **** up," one. I spent a few seconds composing my thoughts while praying that day. First reason I did it is because I am a practicing Catholic. Secondly, even though the weather was clear at the time of one of the prayers, I was still praying to the lord that my flight would be successful that day. It was the first time I had done a cross country in that plane on the particular route I was flying and I had some last minute butterflies that I needed to deal with. Even though the aircraft seemed to be operating fine and it wasn't a test flight, I felt a little extra spiritual guidance to clear my head couldn't hurt. The flight did end uneventfully BTW.

I think it's quite funny the pilot was doing the Catholic, Holy Cross while in the cockpit, plane running down the runway.

"Oh no this is an old airplane please make sure it can fly dear God Almighty!" :D

He's probably Russian Orthodox, not Catholic.

Looked like the motion is center, right-to-left, so Russian/Eastern Orthodox.

Hope they can keep that bird flying. The Sturmovik is just a cool plane.

I don't see ANYTHING wrong with that. Heck, I did it myself a couple times in the cockpit of my AA-5 Traveler before takeoff (with one of them being a full father, son and holy spirit thing). And by prayer I don't mean just the ole Al Shepherd "Oh lord, please don't let me **** up," one. I spent a few seconds composing my thoughts while praying that day. First reason I did it is because I am a practicing Catholic. Secondly, even though the weather was clear at the time of one of the prayers, I was still praying to the lord that my flight would be successful that day. It was the first time I had done a cross country in that plane on the particular route I was flying and I had some last minute butterflies that I needed to deal with. Even though the aircraft seemed to be operating fine and it wasn't a test flight, I felt a little extra spiritual guidance to clear my head couldn't hurt. The flight did end uneventfully BTW.

I meant funny in a nice way not a derogatory way. :cheers:

I meant funny in a nice way not a derogatory way. :cheers:

There are no athiests in foxholes NOR in the cockpit with a student pilot doing his first solo! LOL! That was me back when I did my first solos around 1992. If I could have fit an altar, a priest and a pipe organ in the cockpit of the Cessna 152, I would have! Did I pray that afternoon? You're #$*^& right, I did!

Eric

There are no athiests in foxholes NOR in the cockpit with a student pilot doing his first solo! LOL! That was me back when I did my first solos around 1992. If I could have fit an altar, a priest and a pipe organ in the cockpit of the Cessna 152, I would have! Did I pray that afternoon? You're #$*^& right, I did!

Eric

Well actually there are Athiests in fox holes. But the saying is for many a nice old myth. :beer4:

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo