Remember please...NO Critiqueing in this sub forum

Oh please. I bet you are all for every kid getting a trophy, not keeping score, everyone's a winner, there are no losers, etc., etc. .. and every other politically correct wheenie crap out there that is causing us to have a whole generation of kids who can't handle real life where people do tell them they can't always be the winner.:bandhead2:

You have some serious issues

I don't understand the problem.

Display case = show your model. You're not looking for critiques you're just showing your work.

Critiques forum = You obviously want to show a model and let others pick things apart to let you know where you can improve. Not every modeler is going to be an award winner nor will they even know how to apply the techniques others would present in criticism. Or they already know the model is seriously flawed so why open it up to being bashed when you can just display it and walk away?

I'm amateur at best so I've only put a couple models in the critics section to get some tips on them. Otherwise I take pictures, display, and move on.

You have some serious issues

Other than the minor annoyance with people who are turning us into a country who can't handle things because of their super- PC, can't we all just get along, everyone's a winner BS, no issues at all.

I say we have a Beer Summit and leave it there. :cheers:

I know my builds probably have a lot to critique and since I only build to please myself I put them here instead of the Critique forums. I don't expect a comment at all in the Display Case but don't mind at all when I get them. Only time I'll use Critique is if I really want to do a great job for a contest because another pair of eyes is always a good thing when looking for faults or missing details the Man wil lbe looking for when judging. I think comments like "great job" are fine here "nice build" even though they are still a critique but I don't think they are the same as something like "great job but you probably needed to bring out that panel line a little better", or something similar.

Like my builds or not, fine either way, I'm thick skinned most of the time. The majority of the people who see mine in person most likely don't know anything other than they are looking at an airplane or a boat. :)

Oh please. I bet you are all for every kid getting a trophy, not keeping score, everyone's a winner, there are no losers, etc., etc. .. and every other politically correct wheenie crap out there that is causing us to have a whole generation of kids who can't handle real life where people do tell them they can't always be the winner.:bandhead2:

Iron Man merely says he doesn't feel comfortable posting here, but he does enjoy looking at other people's built model. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do have a critique about the "Display Case." It's not really "New" anymore. The first post was 02/2005. Sorry, boss, just had to get that one in there. I build for vets, active military, pilots, etc. I also build for myself. Someday, I may post a build in here. If I do, I would appreciate anyone letting me know if they see something that I may have missed that is painfully obvious. As far as this forum, I really enjoy looking at other folks' models in the "Display Case."

• 1 month later...

hi intresting previous views,but top and bottom of it is,i bought it,i built it,its in my house,looks good enough for me.i have to look at it,really dont care what others think,buy one one,build it and show it ,i might think i should have done better i may not,wont lose sleep over a bit of painted plastic though there what wives and girlfriends are for,just my two pennarth,cheers don.ps sleep tight ,theres no prizes for the best modeller in the graveyard.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I tho display case it’s to display the finished  models, that’s what I understood

No one should get offended 

at the end this is what we like to do

that goes for anything In life

one should be ok or don’t get upset over others opinions and or criticism of any sort

this is for play at the end