ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/48th T-45A/C Goshawk by Kinetic

I bet that will be one of the fastest moving kits when it gets released. Since Kinetic seem to listen to modellers how about a T37 "Tweety Bird" :thumbsup:

You in Scotland yet Mike?

I bet that will be one of the fastest moving kits when it gets released. Since Kinetic seem to listen to modellers how about a T37 "Tweety Bird" :thumbsup:

You in Scotland yet Mike?

I have known about this one for a while. I can't wait for it.

I will be in Scotland Monday through Thursday. Weather looks crappy but it will still be awesome!!

Since Kinetic seem to listen to modellers how about a T37 "Tweety Bird" :thumbsup:

It does sound more logical than a T-45.... Let's see:

1200 T-37s vs 200 T-45s....

20 operators (and various schemes) vs 1 colourscheme (if you don't count the few special schemes)

Not saying the T-37 is the most logical kit to release but it sure sounds more logical than a T-45 in my opinion!

Koen

WIN!

I remember seeing some of the last T-45 wings being manufactured at BAE Systems Brough when I first joined the company and was doing some work on the project, so I'll definitely have one.

Hopefully there'll be a downsize to Gentleman's Scale as well. The Italeri kit is of the mock up.

Cheers,

Andre

I would prefer they upscale it to Man scale (1/32)

:woot.gif:

Yeaaah !!!!

Guess we need to improve on our white-gloss painting skills though :)

Some of us do still have a modicum of eyesight left, you know. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Finally, now all that is needed is for Two Bobs or Fightertown to do a set of the Naval Centennial Goshawk markings with the silver painted fuselages and yellow wings (those are still some of the best looking Centennial schemes IMHO).

You mean Braille Scale

Stephen :D

Neat airplane, but I was telling someone yesterday that if I were selecting the subject matter at Kinetic, I would have produced a new-tool 1/48th T-28 before the T-45. You could get a couple of releases out of that and a huge variety of markings (which, from what I understand, is a big consideration when making release choices).

Neat airplane, but I was telling someone yesterday that if I were selecting the subject matter at Kinetic, I would have produced a new-tool 1/48th T-28 before the T-45. You could get a couple of releases out of that and a huge variety of markings (which, from what I understand, is a big consideration when making release choices).

Or how about a Viggen. At least you'd get a couple versions and a pent up demand (at least going by the prices on eBay).

The Italeri kit is of the mock up.

No, it's not a kit of the 'mock-up'. The Italeri kit is accurate for what it is - the first T-45A in its as-built configuration. It flew in that configuration for several months, if not a couple of years, before being updated. It was lost at EAFB in a landing accident in June of 1992. The second T-45A, BuNo 162788, was also built to the configuration depicted in the kit, being updated later as well. I don't recall offhand which was the testbed for the new wings and which got them second.

But, an updated 1/72 kit would be most welcome nonetheless.

Hopefully, they'll include the centerline baggage pod and wing pylons with PMBRs and Mk-76 bombs to go on them. A pair of LAU-68 7-shot rocket pods wouldn't be unwelcome, either.

Boy, I'll second the suggestion for a new-tool T-28 (the carrier capable C model please!) I have a nice set of Aeroscale decals just waiting....! But, would also like to see a F2H-2 Banshee! How about it, Raymond???? :sunrevolves:

Myself as well as a couple of Goshawk SME's have been assisting on this one. Decals are already in work (we're doing the kit markings) and you might see a special Twobobs/Twomikes boxing. That's TBD but it is being discussed.

I've already got one Goshawk in 1/48 scale but it was bad experience to scratch build from Italeri's Hawk set. So it good to see new Goshawk kit. I chose paint scheme with tiger's (or shark's) mouth and made decals myself.

DSC_0026-1.jpg

Kinetic makes naval fans happy.

Edited by Maxek