So whats the concensus on the Trumpeter 1/32 Harriers

Wwll, are we talking shape issues, or just omissions in details?

Brad

Personally, I think it's rife with a number of errors, especially the GR.7 boxing. But, it's light years ahead of the old Revell kit (as well as being a more "modern" version, and it does look like a Harrier when built up. Not a particularly accurate one, though.

I have that kit. The main problem in my opinion is the wing, no slight kink and just a rounded inch long "dent" in the leading edge. It's really not a deal breaker but they could have done it better. The nose might be a little short also. Overall, not a bad kit.

Chuck

Think it can be built into a lovely Harrier.

Having been over the real thing and photographed it from numerous angles.

The kink is far from visible in most angles even under direct sunlight.

It's visible if your standing in specific positions but likebthe Hasegawa Harrier without it is not an issue to me.

Hopefully Wolfpack will pop out the Sniper pod and maybe some BOL rails then we will have one cool kit.

The reviews were pretty much dead on. Building the kit was pretty straight forward, careful dryfitting will give a decent build. I didn't bother doing any accuracy correction on mine, i concentrated on basic model construction/fit. It does end up looking like a Harrier, i'm fine with it.

IMG_0249a.jpg

build thread http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=220414

Don

Hello,

the Trumpeter's Harriers are good but need some corrections and some details are missing in the kits.

Basically the main fixing required is the kinked-wing, but its an easy task with some putty, sanding and a pair of scribing panel lines per wing.

Than its up your taste... some panel lines needs to be removed or resized and so on.

Actually I'm building an early USMC's AV-8B and I hope to finish soon.

AV_85.jpg

AV_88.jpg

AV_90.jpg

I've already start working on a pair of RAF Harrier GR.7/9... that's the version where kit needs much for missing details/parts.

Here you can see the result of my effort trying to correct parts and make the missing ones.

This is a "Generic Detail" set and the parts can be used on most of the Harrier II versions.

AT_1.jpg

This is a "RAF Detail" set and includes all the parts that are missing of wrong shaped in the Harrier GR.7 kit.

GR_2.jpg

Other than this, I corrected the shape of all 6 underwing pylons... its another set.

AV_80.jpg

AV_82.jpg

AV_83.jpg

I've still available very few of these resin sets... so, if you're interested on send me a PM.

CIAO!

Piero

Hey Piero,

I'd very much be interested in the correction set for the AV-8B, especially the overwing scoops. Your PM box was full I guess, I couldn't get it to go through. PM me and let me know what we can do. Many tanks.

Chuck