1/72 155th ARW KC-135R - Nebraska ANG

Nice to see this one on the bench again.

I have just started using Perfect Plastic putty as well and it sure is much easier to shape than Tamiya!

Justin,

Ray posted this pic over on Britmodeller of his RC-135 build. It's not a close-up but does give an idea of what that area looks like around the inner fillet flaps. Take a look. http://www.britmodel...2-rc-135v-or-w/

Thanks for linking my thread Don, now I feel guilty I have not touched it for over 6 months! Strill have to finish up the KC-135A I was working on. Waiting for some replacement decals.

Here is a link direct to the post you were referring to.

So what markings are you waiting on Ray? And you should feel guilty. Just kidding. :rolleyes:/>/>

I need to get off my butt and get working on Rivet Amber so I'm just as guilty.

:cheers:/>/>

Edited by Drifterdon

So what markings are you waiting on Ray? And you should feel guilty. Just kidding. rolleyes.gif

I need to get off my butt and get working on Rivet Amber so I'm just as guilty.

271.gif

I screwed the engine nacelle decals on one engine, I am doing a 380BW Bicentennial type scheme (top scheme on the Wardbirds sheet). Have a decal making friend printing up some replacement 'scallop' type decals to replace the one that was destroyed.

72_KC-135A_380BW_54_zpsp9blbt8u.jpg

72_KC-135A_380BW_01_zpszezkud6f.jpg

I am also repainting the engines as I did not do a very good job first time.

A color note on the Warbird decals above. They call out 36118 as the topside gray. The aircraft actually left the shop in 36081 which fades rather quickly which is why everyone thinks its 36118. I'm the guy who signed off the paint drawing for this scheme.