200MM RAF Pilot Conversion

I have been pondering posting this for a while / embarrassed too, seeing the stunning work on here.

I had a couple of Maurices excellent 200mm British Soldiers from Afghanistan, one of them I sadly totally mucked up to the degree i didn't know what to do with it, so I had the idea to try and remodel it......

I have always fancied the idea of modelling my own model someday and felt this would be a good stepping stone, ignore the paint as I add it as I go along so I can see how it will look, then remove it as I alter it....

Ok mods so far...

Cut off Helmet and remake top of head,

Attempt eyes 3 times then settle on shades as a get me out of the poo fix.

Remove straps, add hair and moustache and ear, reposition head to make him look up more.

Sawn off the Body Armour and sculpted a flying jacket top, flying suit and roll top jumper,

Shortened trousers, remodelled boots added flying siut pockets and added zips, added knife in pouch.....

Hoping to model a helmet for him to be carrying, however may stick it in the helmet bags they had if it proves a bridge to far..

Ok the pics and be gentle

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

• 1 month later...