Need help with conversion

I am building a USS Oriskany based on the Trumpeter Ticonderoga kit. I need to get my hands on four more 5"38 open single mount guns (each gun consists of parts number G 6, 7, 11, and 12 in the Ticonderoga kit) as part of the conversion. If anyone has any of these to spare, please let me know. I do not specifically need the guns from the Ticonderoga. Any of the Trumpeter 5"38 single mounts should do.

Thanks,

JR

I am building a USS Oriskany based on the Trumpeter Ticonderoga kit. I need to get my hands on four more 5"38 open single mount guns (each gun consists of parts number G 6, 7, 11, and 12 in the Ticonderoga kit) as part of the conversion. If anyone has any of these to spare, please let me know. I do not specifically need the guns from the Ticonderoga. Any of the Trumpeter 5"38 single mounts should do.

Thanks,

JR

JR, what scale are you looking for, 1/350 or 1/700?

Sorry, 1/350.

JR

Oh, sorry I can't help you than, I'm a 1/700 guy.

Good luck. I think if worse comes to worse you can get aftermarket resin 5" mounts. There are a couple of manufacturers that make them. Try looking on Pacific Front Hobbies website. Also, you could try posting over on Model Warships website forum here: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/index.php

• 1 month later...

I'd like to convert a 1992 15hp Evinrude from tiller steering to cable steering, shift/throttle cables. I have the steering all set, but am having trouble finding the correct shift/throttle cables. I tried this: http://www.boatersland.com/tel-cc20511.html but the ends that attach to the motor are too long. I need a shorter motor connection, such as what was on the tiller control arm. The 1992 Evinrude model number is E15EENM Anyone have any idea where I can get the shift/throttle cables that will fit? Thanks for any help. Bob

PS: The type of connection for the throttle is the one on the bottom.

I'd like to convert a 1992 15hp Evinrude from tiller steering to cable steering, shift/throttle cables. I have the steering all set, but am having trouble finding the correct shift/throttle cables. I tried this: http://www.boatersland.com/tel-cc20511.html but the ends that attach to the motor are too long. I need a shorter motor connection, such as what was on the tiller control arm. The 1992 Evinrude model number is E15EENM Anyone have any idea where I can get the shift/throttle cables that will fit? Thanks for any help. Bob

PS: The type of connection for the throttle is the one on the bottom.

:jaw-dropping:

Congratulations--you win the award for Weirdest Thread-Hijack of the Day. :lol: