Platz 1/72 T-33!!

I would be thinking F-80 before F-94 and I would say that is a given. The F-94 can be a bit of an enigma. An F-94A or B I could see, but the C would be rather different in many areas.

Now if MRC imports this into the states (perhaps with some nice USAF marking options) that will be even more cool.

Well that´s more than nice

From what I can see it looks that you got some very nice interior lots of details in airbrakes, U/C an some engine detail

Well for RF-80 you can get the recon nose from a old Heller RT-33 kit in 1/72 scale and use it for a RF-80 but the big problem are the decals (none available)

Best modeling

Armando

Well for RF-80 you can get the recon nose from a old Heller RT-33 kit in 1/72 scale and use it for a RF-80 but the big problem are the decals (none available)

Not so Armando. Fox3 Studios has ALPS printed decals for the RF-80 (also some neat ANG F-80 decals). They are worth tracking down.

-Derek

No fixed release date though! The decal sheet was a concept, the sprues a testshot and the packaging a print out sticker on a cardboard box....

There's no such thing as a "fixed" release date. There are just too many things outside of their control. Decals and boxes are the last things to come together. The decal artwork has clearly been finished (where else would that printout have come from?), so Cartograf is probably working on those right now. The only difference between a 'test shot' and a 'production kit' is that one is put into a sellable box and the other one isn't. Clearly the tooling is finished, since we're seeing a fully built-up kit and a full set of sprues.

I'd say release is probably imminent.

re: the fuselage break. Many of the early jets had the whole empennage assembly removeable in order to service or exchange the engine. The break in the model's fuselage looks to be in about that position.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

It's in exactly that position :) I'm sure they have an F-80 in mind. It's clear from the way the sprues are broken down. Really no other reason to break the fuselage unless a complete engine were provided (which it may be... we're missing at least one sprue here).

• 3 months later...

Platz have added pictures of what is (presumably) a finished kit:

http://www.platz-hobby.com/products/3081.html

This is the testshot shown at the Radicon Hobbyshow in October last year.

and 1999.co.jp have the release date as "early feb."

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10127814

The release date of this kit has been changed so many times that I will believe it when I see it!

Fingers crossed indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I picked up 3 today. I was only planning on getting 1. This is a really nice kit. I don't care much for the panel lines. Some are delicate. Some are a bit coarse. Some seem to fade. Better than Airfix panel lines. The cockpit is nice enough without adding their photo etch. The photo etch will really make it shine. Wheels and landing gear are very well detailed and delicately molded. Decals are Cartograf with options for 4 (or more depending on how you count) JASDF subjects. I would have preferred options for other nations, but what is provided is very nice. There are some panels and panels rendered by raised patches. These will need attention from a sanding stick.

KursadA - yes, it is a one piece canopy. It is a single simple cut to make it a two piece. The canopy is thin enough that this shouldn't be a problem.

All in all, this is a very nice kit with some very colorful markings.

Oh. and most importantly for me, Platz got the rudder and tail shape spot on. The intakes also look pretty good and appear from looking at the parts that they will not be difficult to assemble.

It's also the first T-33 kit to depict the leading edge wing root glove (on the angled part of the leading edge). People assume that's a red painted no-step area, and it's not. It's a bolted-on glove with a cambered leading edge and a funky wavy outboard edge.

J