F-104 Museo del Aire de Cuatrovientos, Madrid.

Hi friends, this is my personal interpretation of the Starfighter on display in the Museo del Aire at Madrid. It is an interesting subject because is painted in two different schemes at the same time, one side Spanish and the other side in German colors.

Hope you like it.

More pictures: Scaleworks

Diego+Quijano+F-104+Ejercito+del+Aire+Museum+001.jpg

Diego+Quijano+F-104+Ejercito+del+Aire+Museum+002.jpg

Diego+Quijano+F-104+Ejercito+del+Aire+Museum+003.jpg

Diego+Quijano+F-104+Ejercito+del+Aire+Museum+015.jpg

I am a "lover" of F-104s since their base was next door to my hometown in Greece. Wow... what can I say about your model, I thought it was a picture of the real thing??? ... F A N T A S T I C!!!!!

Diego,

I love the Starfighter too, and THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SCRATCH SUPERDETAILING and most convincing WEATHERING I have EVER seen! This is way beyond comprehension. :worship:

As LanceR21 said above, can you share some in-progress shots? Would love to see how you pulled this one off!

To use the wording of Zaphod Beeblebrox: "This is not great, this is not amazing, no, this is AMAZINGLY AMAZING!" :woot.gif:

I read your article that was published in "art du modélisme" a few months ago and I must say that I am a fan ! I assume that you applied a black wash on the whole scheme, but then how did you manage to get these lighter greyish panels lines on the decals? Did you apply a second wash locally ?

Just for curiosity, how long did it take you to build that jewel ?

Antoine

Edited by toniosky
  • 3 weeks later...

:jaw-dropping: Fantastic, incredible build! What I've seen on your web page (tanks for giving a link)is absolutely mind-blowing!

Your skill is amazing. All you did is absolutely crisp and flawless. Your painting skill rocks! :worship:

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

• 2 months later...

Another diabolically brilliant work by El Quijano! IMHO, no-one comes near this gentleman in ANY modelling discipline.

So I really hate to do this, but...are we sure that's the right seat for a European One-O-Four? Just wondered.

:tumble:

Does anyone have news on Diego's upcoming book? I'm realy looking forward to this one.

Also if you haven't seen his website lately go have a look, he has an exelent guide posted!