Australian Army Blackhawk

G'day everyone

Here are a few pics of an Australian Army Blackhawk I recently completed using parts from two 1/48 kits (MRC & Italeri) in addition to various scratch-built bits and pieces (mainly aerials etc).

I decided to build A25-108 as it is named after the Australian Army Aviation motto - "Vigilance".

It was painted with Mr Hobby acrylics and I have kept the weathering to a minimum on this one - a nice change after having recently built a couple of very dirtied-up Cobras!

I'm not as happy with it as I would have liked to be, but nonetheless it will be a good addition to my slowly growing AAAvn collection.

Apologies for the average photography

Cheers

Greg

Blackhawk09_V.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Mossy
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Peter

I'll try and re-size the photos and post again.

Cheers

Greg

On the bench:

Academy 1:35 Kiowa Warrior

Revell 1:32 UH-1H

Academy / MRC 1:35 UH-1C

Dragon 1:35 UH-1D

Thanks Peter

I'll try and re-size the photos and post again.

Cheers

Greg

On the bench:

Academy 1:35 Kiowa Warrior

Revell 1:32 UH-1H

Academy / MRC 1:35 UH-1C

Dragon 1:35 UH-1D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

G'day everyone

Here are a few pics of an Australian Army Blackhawk I recently completed using parts from two 1/48 kits (MRC & Italeri) in addition to various scratch-built bits and pieces (mainly aerials etc).

I decided to build A25-108 as it is named after the Australian Army Aviation motto - "Vigilance".

It was painted with Mr Hobby acrylics and I have kept the weathering to a minimum on this one - a nice change after having recently built a couple of very dirtied-up Cobras!

I'm not as happy with it as I would have liked to be, but nonetheless it will be a good addition to my slowly growing AAAvn collection.

Apologies for the average photography

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg

Awesome model! Congratulations! Well done!

I'm scratchbuilding HMAS Kanimbla (L51) LST at 1/700 scale and I would like to use 2x Sea Kings (grey pattern) at the aft flight deck and one Australian Army Black Hawk with the same camouflage pattern you used in your 1/48 model on the fwd deck instead of the LCM-8 landing craft.

Can you please send me the references of the colours used on your 1/48 Australian Army Black Hawk as well as the camouflage scheme or pattern?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Ayala Botto

Lisbon, Portugal

Edited by Ayala Botto

Hi Greg

Awesome model! Congratulations! Well done!

I'm scratchbuilding HMAS Kanimbla (L51) LST at 1/700 scale and I would like to use 2x Sea Kings (grey pattern) at the aft flight deck and one Australian Army Black Hawk with the same camouflage pattern you used in your 1/48 model on the fwd deck instead of the LCM-8 landing craft.

Can you please send me the references of the colours used on your 1/48 Australian Army Black Hawk as well as the camouflage scheme or pattern?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Ayala Botto

Lisbon, Portugal

Thanks mate

Can't wait to see your Kanimbla finished!

I'm more than happy to send you the colour references and camo pattern.

I'll send it via PM tomorrow.

Cheers

Greg