Any new Indy kits available?

Well, he MAKES the decals, but they are a tricky process to do and sold out at this time (and I would expect demand to be a bit high for awhile). Indeed, getting a Hot Wheels car and disassembling it to make a decent Wheldon ride is about your only option on a budget as although there have been some resin Dallaras done (trans kits, using other Indycar models as parts donors), they are rarer than hens teeth when they pop up on eBay (and Wheldon's death you figure is going to kick the demand up). In 1/18, things are a little better as both Greenlight and Action did Dallaras. The Greenlight pieces are easier to obtain, but they are curbside (meaning no engine detail). Of course, I don't know if Action has done a Dallara with a Honda engine as the two I have in my stash are Toyota powered.

Doing a decent hybrid, using a Hot Wheels car for the primary parts and scrounging the smaller bits (wheels, tires, suspension pieces if you want to go THAT far) from a Revell Reynard is another option. It is one I myself have been considering.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're serious about wanting a kit, there is a guy who comes every year to the two major Indy 500 memorabilia shows here in Indianapolis. He stocks resin Indy 500 cars and I'm relatively sure he makes them himself. If ANYONE would have what you want it would be him, his stuff is a bit pricey but not like the massively expensive Japanese Fanboy F-1 stuff. Probabaly every bit of a Tamiya P-51D in 1/32 though ($125-ish). He used to carry ALL the winners and some lesser known but unusual or some particulary historic cars too. I haven't been to the shows in several years because my Dad had to stop dealing in memorabilia because of his health, I'll ask around to see if I can get a name and a phone number or website for you if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.

With the way every things gone finding something for Wheldon currently is probably going to be either hard and or expensive. Maybe I'll give it a year or so and take another look. If you happen to run across that guy's info then let me know but don't go out of your way for it.

K