Bristol Beaufighter

Hello all; first time posting up here so I figured I would start with the new one on the bench. Tamiyas 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI night fighter.

BBF1.jpg

I found it kind of funny opening the box to all black plastic, I guess we all get used to the grey and tan styrene.....LOL. Build starts off as usual with the CP area. This is strictly OOB so no fancy stuff on this one.

BBF2.jpg

BBF3.jpg

BBF8.jpg

Depending on the scale Im working on I usually like to use oils for the instrument panel. I find it a lot easier to "push" the paint into the small instruments.

BBF10.jpg

BBF12.jpg

BBF14.jpg

getting the wing structures togeather now and should have some more shots up in a day or so.

Bob

RM, Rob - thank you

So Moving along, I sprayed the interior cabin (fuselage halves) and gave them a wash with 502 oils "shadow brown", unfortunately you will not see any of it.

BBF15.jpg

BBF16.jpg

All the control surfaces are assembled and sanded:

BBF17.jpg

BBF20.jpg

The final CP assembly completed:

BBF18.jpg

Fuselage halves have been joined and sanded:

BBF19.jpg

The canopy masks have arrived and I will be getting the wings and surfaces assembled shortly. I need to do some more work on the landing gear and will have some photos of that up shortly.

Enjoy

Bob

Rightwinger - thank you I appreciate it.

Well who said you cant get enough detail out of a pre-molded engine. I first hit the entire part with the base coat of XF71. When that had dried I grabbed a bottle of Model Master buffing metalizer in "burnt metal. This stuff is pre thinned and is for airbrush use only..........well not for me, I utilized this as a wash. when the first coat "wash" had dried I simply did it again.

BBF21.jpg

When that had dried I hit the center with Vallejo black and the governor was painted in Vallejo black grey.

BBF22.jpg

I set that aside and finished up the props, landing gear and wheels. They are painted and flat coated but weathering has not been completed yet.

BBF23.jpg

Canopy is masked, and attached and I have completed some minor filling after attaching all the control surfaces. more photos to follow on that.

More to follow

Bob