Missing Skyraider part !

Hi All,

I was starting a 1/48 A-1E conversion from the Tamiya kit and while sorting out the parts I must have accidentally thrown out

the oil cooler scoop below the engine cowl, I really don't want to buy a whole kit just for this part, if anyone has one in the

old parts box or a used one from an old kit I really would appreciate getting one, I'm definitely willing to pay all cost of mailing.

Thanks

Bob

Is that item B2?

If you are merging the Matchbox kit, see if the scoop from that kit fits. I have that part if you do not, in case you want to try that option.

***edit***

I have a complete kit and compared it to the MB kit. The Tamiya scoop is quite a bit bigger. If you know someone in your club that has the kit, I would recommend having them lend it to you to cast a resin copy. Other option is to contact Tamiya for a spare.

Edited by drhornii

Already tried all of the above that's why I'm posting and no I'm using the C & H conversion and Tamiya kit.

Thanks

Bob

My skyraider kit still has the sealed bags. If it was opened and parts off the tree, I would cast you a copy. I can check around and see if anyone in my club has a part I can borrow but that may be a long shot.

Hopefully someone can turn up with this part.....

On a side, how is the progress so far? I finished my conversion about four years ago, challenging but rewarding build.

Bob, if it is part B2 I have an extra part, just need your address

Paul

Thanks Paul you're a lifesaver (well a moneysaver!), you can send it to me at: Bob Moore RnB SmokeHouse 3035 Travis Blvd, Fairfield,CA 94534

I'd like to cover thecost please let me know, Thanks again!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...