Eduard Mig-21MFN 1/144

Spine and fin are on a separate sprue so the bis will probably share the same fuselage. Bye bye slight nose shape difference but in the 1/144th scale, it will hardly matter. I don't know if I'll buy the kit right away: perhaps Eduard will make a multi-kits multi-national boxing ? If Eduard intends to do the entire MiG-21 family in 1/144, a MiG-21 saga boxing (from F-13 to bis) would be cool. I imagining all 4 generations models aligned on a stand.

Edited by Laurent

where on the Eduard website?

I don't see it. :)

thanks

edit - oh.. found it..

searched under 1/144

edit -

OKAY.. this sucks.

$9.95 for kitset *US dollars I imagine

$27 for shipping!

Uncool. It makes more sense for me to go and get a Platz F2 set instead. (Which I also want) and get the Revell F15E.

Dammit.

Edited by Wege

I have it already under construction from a kit that was a gift with the E-Day ticket. A friend who is more into WW2 aircraft and was fortunate enough to be at the E-Day was very generous to present the kit to me. I have to say that it is a gem. A perfect down scale of the 48th kit. This is my first 144 kit and I simply enjoy the building process in parallel with two 48th scale kits. It is fun to build this tiny kit, even if I am already doing some conversion on it into the Hungarian variant of the MF which differed in many ways from the late version that Eduard has produced.

There are some problems on the kit but overall it is very, VERY nice! One of the things which was left off from the kit is a panel line on the saddle fuel tank. The engraved line of the after wall of the fuel tank was simply forgotten. Everything else is just as on the 48th scale kit. Some very small bits and pieces were left out from the kit (I would say) for technological reasons, there is a limit of what can be done with injection moulding. But at the same time I have already seen a 144 scale photoetched set from another Czech manufacturer which had some of the missing things and a lot of covers and ground support stuff.

The Eduard MiG-21MF will be out in November as a DualCombo version. I am sure that they will do other 144 versions too, with the SMT probably next. I know that there is already a Hungarian decal sheet (or two) in making for the 144 kit.

I think that the latest editorial in Eduard INFO is fairly clear (even if no specific words are used) that there is going to be a 72nd scale version of the MiG-21 kit too. But of course everyone can have his own interpretations of what is written there. I would say Eduard would be foolish not to do it in 72nd!

Best regards

Gabor

Looking through the parts for the Eduard kit you find two separate cockpit canopies. One is the standard version with the periscope on top but there is also the early version without the periscope. So I would say there will be several versions coming from this company. The canopy without the periscope could be used for S, M, R and early MF versions. It is only a question of the decals available for this versions.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Hi Bulldog 09?

Yes, this is the photoetched set that I have seen. It is very good with some fine details. My only question would have been to the manufactureres if they have any copyright issues with Eduard. Some of the items on the set have a "very close" resemblance to the Eduard brake down of the parts. I am not sure . . .

Still it is very nice and adds tonns of detail to the tiny kit.

Best regards

Gabor

I will be picking up one of those little gems as soon as they hit the states. I also found this, for those of us that are insane. I plan to get this set to.

Dave Fassett

Thanks for the heads-up. I am certified severe insane so I'm getting me one set or two, maybe three, possibly four....... :lol: