I've come to that point...

where I want to purge my stash. I have no interest in this hobby anymore and medical problems are making it near impossible. Nearly all of my small stash has been started. Trying to list them with every detail and then trying to sell each one would be a pain. Not to mention having to find boxes to ship them all. I'd rather just give the whole lot away to someone and let them pick them up. What should I do? [/rant]

I'm sorry to hear that you have medical issues holding you back from the hobby. I too am off work with health issues and find it tough to get to the modelling bench at times.

I would suggest trying your local hobby shop to see if they can assist you with moving your kits. You may want to keep a few just in case you have the urge to work on a model one day.

Best of luck, I hope you feel better soon.

Rob

Very sorry to hear someone will not be able to assemble the kits because of health issues. Make a few boxed sets if you want to sell them or do the ebay thing, and see how it goes. If not just get them to a youth organization or soldier oversea program....

-Jim

where I want to purge my stash. I have no interest in this hobby anymore and medical problems are making it near impossible. Nearly all of my small stash has been started. Trying to list them with every detail and then trying to sell each one would be a pain. Not to mention having to find boxes to ship them all. I'd rather just give the whole lot away to someone and let them pick them up. What should I do? [/rant]

..Sorry to hear that..hope you get well soon firstly...

How ever I was just thinking that Flying Fortress{ Sean} is making models etc and he then gives them to his local Veterans ..He is in Michigan..you can always given them to someone like him and he could build the models and each one can be gven to the Veteran that he maybe knows that flew them...

his idea waa shown on his local tv program and he did ask if anyone had known or knew any Vets , He would build the models pass them to those persons who commissioned themm...how does that grab you?....

Or give them to a local VFW....I would...

OR sell them on e bay but then you may worry about the person not paying etc...

get well soon and best wishes...

HOLMES

As already mentioned, but try to find your local Model Club, they might do "Make and Takes" with the community and could use something like that.

You should also make a list of your un-started kits and offer them for sale as a collection, Our Club has bought collections before, and once sold you will only have to pack one box.

Curt

I have no interest in this hobby anymore and medical problems are making it near impossible. Nearly all of my small stash has been started. Trying to list them with every detail and then trying to sell each one would be a pain. Not to mention having to find boxes to ship them all. I'd rather just give the whole lot away to someone and let them pick them up.

Mate, sincerely sorry to hear 'bout yer medical problems. Hope it's nuthin' permanent. 'N' with regard to the latter, I'd rather wait 'n' see whether ya will be able to resume modellin' in the near future before givin' yer whole stash away, but I'm to understand that ya've lost interest in the hobby aside from yer health issues, right? Quite intrigued as to whut yer medical problems are, chap, but I'll respect yer not tellin' us.

Maybe with a lil' help ya might publish yer unbuilt kits on e-Bay; or if ya could make a list, ya might as well post it here on the Buy 'n' Sell section; ya could secure some money from yer kits in return 'n' make some of us happy at the same time. ;) The list needn't be very much detailed - just subject, manufacturer 'n' scale will do.

What should I do?

I agree with most of the blokes here on that ya oughta save some of yer favourite kits for yerself. Ne'er know whut the future might hold for ya.

Incidentally; if ya happened to have the Monogram 1/48 AV-8A kit - in any condition - it's a done deal. :thumbsup:

Cheers Snowmew! Best of lucks, lad! ANythin' we can help ya on, just whistle.

Unc²

Been there meself, Sir, but pulled back from the brink and am glad I did now. Unless you are under pressure to act, I recommend not even thinking about your collection (or anything modelling-related) for at least a month, then see if you feel the same...?

Our very best wishes, of course; hope the health concerns resolve soon.