Snowbirds Painting

snowbirdsresize.jpg

Well, I think it's done! I've been working on this since the spring. Acrylic on canvas, done from a photograph by Derek Heyes (thanks Derek!). Lighting isn't the best for the photo of the painting, and there's a couple goofs that I'm aware of, but unsure how to fix. If anyone can spot anything and make suggestions, let me know! I enjoy constructive criticism, and this is my second aviation related painting, so I know I have lots to learn. Link to original photo is here: http://www.hazersflightline.com/2010-79.jpg

Nicely done ... :clap2:

I can't spot any glaring mistakes myself ...

The only thing I was going to point out was the tail of the #2 jet looked off angle but then I looked at the photo and it appears that way in the photo as well ...

Again, with all the action going on in that picture, you captured it well ... :worship:

Gregg

Thank you to everyone for your comments and compliments! Sukhoi, I love your painting, it's beautifully done. Do you have a particular technique for your clouds that you'd be able to share? I know those are something I need to work on in the future.

-Megan

Hi Megan....

Acrylic can be tricky!!..What I usually do when painting and I see that the paint dry too fast..I use a water spray bottle to humidify the painting, and so keep working on it...fading and smoothing is easier that way!

I see that your location is St-John Newfoundland....I am from Quebec, but right now I am in Newfoundland to my daughter house..near St-John!

Send me and e-mail..I can send you some pics of my work!

rmaher@sympatico.ca

Looks a good painting Lawndart. Can't see anything significant to pick holes in!

I paint in acrylic all the time and use it's opaque qualities to make any changes to shade or tone.

Drying time does'nt matter to me , I just darken or lighten the area in question with another layer .

No need to get stressed out about the rapid drying time - it's a huge bonus and you can achieve every bit as subtle a finish using acrylic layers as you can wet in wet with oils .

Acrylic does stay wet for a short while but if it starts to dry out - let it and then modify.

Edited by NeilF92

Hi Megan

Here are my other acrylic painting....

peint3.jpg

peint4.jpg

=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================and my oil painting...

Jane.jpg?t=1262656666

peint1.jpg