Kora the White Rose

Hello guys,

I recently decided to take up the brush and this is my latest work.

I painted the model principally with Vallejo acrilic and a few artist oil for the flesh shadow.

My goals for this work were: realize the figure with different shade of white ( in a Emma Frost style ), realize a particular skin tone and more tattoo are possible without fall on ridicolous.

But now the pics ( sorry for the bad quality ) and please feel free of critique guys!

:cheers: Gianni

kora016768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora033768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora011768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora034768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

Some detail close-up.

kora019768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora021768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora0231024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

The simulated metal (also called NMM) of the shins armor.

kora022768x1024.jpg[/url][/img]

kora0291024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

The whitw rose.

kora0241024x768lu.jpg[/url][/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I managed to miss this great build. I think you exceeded all your goals on this. I like the colors you used. I don't know how you were able to paint such detailed tattoo's on such a small figure.

Very nice.

Els

• 2 weeks later...

Gianni

AWESOME work..

{Gianni this is not a critique in any way but just a suggestion..I just wanted to say that if you took the photos with a neutral/white background then the figure would look more sharper and detailing would stand out more than in the pink..the pink overwhelms it... the white backgorund would enable the gray and the flesh tones to come out more.. I am more thinking out loud.} :blush:

SHE IS STUNNING... :worship::worship:

Thanks HOLMES!

{Gianni this is not a critique in any way but just a suggestion..I just wanted to say that if you took the photos with a neutral/white background then the figure would look more sharper and detailing would stand out more than in the pink..the pink overwhelms it... the white backgorund would enable the gray and the flesh tones to come out more.. I am more thinking out loud.} :blush:

You are absolutely right friend, and normally I use a light blue background, but this time I could not prepare my usual photo shoot (ehm. .. actually my kitchen table) so I took the photos on my workbench with a strong light, and close to the model!

Cheers,Gianni

• 2 weeks later...