I have the Busch Fishbowl in 1:87, but I'm curious as to what's available (if anything) in terms of busses in larger scales? I'm especially interested in city busses - fishbowls, GMC Old Looks, Fageols, etc...

(I know of some very expensive diecast (or otherwise readymade) models, but I'm not interested in those, since any bus I end up building will be of West Vancouver Municipal Transit (North America's oldest continually-operating transit service, btw!) so repainting is necessary).

I've got the 1:87 Fishbowl pulled apart for kitbashing into a WVMT bus, but I'd prefer to do some in a larger scale, and I'm wondering if there are any kits at all available, or if I'll have to use truck-kit wheels and scratchbuild the rest?

Thanks!

I'd love to see a GMC New Look "fishbowl" but unfortunately there is nothing out there except for some small scale diecasts.

Not a lot of busses out there, but in 1/25 Revell of Germany did a Neoplan bus, and they are supposed to be coming out with a British double decker bus.

Fujimi and Aoshima do some modern Japanese buses in 1/32.

Thanks for that reply, despite it not being very positive.

I'd love a larger New Look (say, 1/24!) but that'd be about as tough a scratchbuild as a Flyer D700 or that teardrop-shaped Brill (IC41?) intercity bus...

I guess I'll just keep collecting photos and hunting for drawings and measurements, and maybe start with something easier, like a New Flyer D40LF... or maybe something /old/ like WVMT's first bus from 1912 (it was converted from a car (can't recall the type offhand, all my bus stuff is on my other comp) so there might even be a basis for the conversion there.

I'd love to see a GMC New Look "fishbowl" but unfortunately there is nothing out there except for some small scale diecasts.

I'd add to that the 1:87 model by Busch. I knew but can't recall the model designation, but it's a suburban bus (going off the seat layout inside) with front and mid-side doors, and it's got the aircon fairing above the back window. It's about $40 up here at a local train shop so a bit pricey, but it's all plastic so lends itself well for kitbashing. My plan for the model I have is to cut it down to do one of the shorter Fishbowls with front door only, and of course to fill in the mounting-hole from the aircon unit (that's attached as a separate piece so is easy to remove).

Perhaps CAD and a 3D printing outfit like Shapeways might be something to consider for larger scale busses...

Hunting around I found a kit of a Ford 9B-series "Transit" bus in 1/48... but at $225 they can keep it!

For that price I'd expect it to be 1/24...

Also seeming pretty hard to find are drawings or diagrams of any sort that could be useful in modelling... even of a Fishbowl. Anyone know a source of anything useful/