Qantas Fleet Grounded

:D, Hi damo, I've just done a little research on William Joyce. He wasn't shot but hanged at Wandsworth in 1946, the last person to be executed in the UK for treason. An interesting comparison has come out of my research. Lord Haw Haw was born in Brooklyn New York in 1905 to an English Protestant mother and an Irish Catholic father, but a few years after his birth the family returned to County Galway where he was put in school at the Jesuit St. Ignatius college. Allan Joyce was born in Tallagh, now a suburb of Dublin.

There was a great photo of him in yesterdays Herald, alongside an article by Dick Smith saying how the QANTAS management must win this one. everyone in my office looked at the photo then read the article and laughed. That was a stroke of great journalism, putting a photo taken from a low angle of Joyce with that supercilious look on his face beside an article written by another well known union basher.

Ross.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Joyce

Scroll down to "Capture and Trial"......rolleyes.gif

Basically he is paying himself and extra 70% to run the airline into the ground whilst denying the people who actually make the money for the shareholders a few measely % in increased wages and allowances. Fair? I don't bloody think so. And he's using the O/S competition card to do it. What a crock I say. It's like a number of the O/S CEOs we get here. They come here with one thing in mind. How they can feather their own nests whilst grinding the organization into the ground. They then POQ somewhere else and leave it for some other poor bugger to clean up their mess.

Hmmm. I listened to a long interview and discussion on ABC Radio National where it was discussed that Joyce has actually taken a pay *cut* of 7% unless the share price rises by a certain amount.

About 97% of shareholders approved.

I agree with the broadcaster that the Qantas share price will hardly have risen given this partiular action, and is unlikely to do so in th enext year either. Unfortunately the press will *always* go with the dumbed down version of any crisis providing the greatest shock value.

Qantas, like most carriers in the industry is skirting bankruptcy. We may lose the airline entirely. I wonder how much the share price will be?

Shane

Edited by sweier

Alan Joyce gets a base salary of 2.5 million this year with bonuses of about 1.7 mil for meeting undisclosed targets,

want to guess what those targets are?,this was announced at the agm on friday....he gets all this and 1 million sshares as well so don't worry about him he's doing ok.....and the T.W.U had only done 6hours of industrial action in 7 months, hardly holding the company to ransom

Alan Joyce gets a base salary of 2.5 million this year with bonuses of about 1.7 mil for meeting undisclosed targets,

want to guess what those targets are?,this was announced at the agm on friday....he gets all this and 1 million sshares as well so don't worry about him he's doing ok.....and the T.W.U had only done 6hours of industrial action in 7 months, hardly holding the company to ransom

:woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif:

.....afterthought...maybe he could use some of that money for some elocution lessons ! :doh:

Edited by HOLMES