Thunder Over Michigan, Aug 4 and 5, 2012

Just got back from my B-17 flight(info, pics and video to come..need to get home before I can do that) and there are already a bunch of planes. 5 P-51's, 2 P-47's, 2 BT-13, AT-11, Corsair, F-86 and of course FIFI. We couldnt stay there all day but its looking good!!!

Sean

What a great show!!! I have 3000 pics to go through and close to 2 hours of video. I will get it all up this week and start a thread for it..if there isnt one already by then.

I also have my B-17 flight pics and vids so again..stay tuned!!

Sean

What a great show!!! I have 3000 pics to go through and close to 2 hours of video. I will get it all up this week and start a thread for it..if there isnt one already by then.

I also have my B-17 flight pics and vids so again..stay tuned!!

Sean

likewise, about 2800 pics...oh man. best were definitely from sunday afternoon when that beautiful blue sky and puffy clouds came out. hell of a trip out there this year, i'll have to always get tickets for the photo pit if/when i go out there again.

It was great to see all those Mustangs in the air at the same time. Also nice seeing a P-38 flying around. Too bad the A-36 had dive brake issues and Old Crow had an issue with it's Malcolm Hood. Otherwise a pretty good show.

P-38-RUFF-STUFF.jpg

P-51D-44-14450-OLD-CROW-5NOV2012.jpg

P-51D-N251PW.jpg

B-29-FIFI-5NOV2012.jpg

P-47D-44-90460-HUN-HUNTER-IV.jpg

p-51d-n51kb-44-74009-.jpg

BT-13.jpg

AT-11-N7337C-CN-43-37601A.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

It was great to see all those Mustangs in the air at the same time. Also nice seeing a P-38 flying around. Too bad the A-36 had dive brake issues and Old Crow had an issue with it's Malcolm Hood. Otherwise a pretty good show.

Beautiful shots!!!! I wish I had a camera as good as yours..my sensor is pretty weak. I am assuming you were there on Sun? I don't remember seeing the P-38 at that angle, and the AT-11 didnt fly on the Sat. I was VERY disapointed to not see the A-36 fly, but everything else defiantely made up for it. We also had a minor issue with the HH-65 on Sat..They said they had an indication that stopped them from hovering and they had to make an emergency landing, but based odd what I saw..I think one of the engines failed..but that is not a sure thing. Just my $0.02.

Here are a few of my pics:

035.jpg

088.jpg

128.jpg

159.jpg

189.jpg

211.jpg

287.jpg

314.jpg

359.jpg

385.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

When did they send the AT-11 up? I was there Saturday, but my brother and I bugged out right before the Harrier demo (I have no interest in jets, and I was dog-tired). Too bad. Kinda would've liked to see that fly.

Oh well. Seeing Fifi was enough!