-another Prediator

To give me somthing to do when off work, with a de-calibrated head.

I thought Mmmm "what about that Bronco predator sitting there, so lonely next to the SK Reaper".

03112011082.jpg

Dispite the instructions NOT telling which is which optional fuslarge bottom. I figured out the larger radome must be for the Recon version, having the synthetic aperture radar (SAR). (Or are they the same now ?)

The main brain strain, was getting the propellor around the right way. However a quick internet search convinced me it was RH spinning ? "push me" prop ? (forgive me I'm a jet guy).

Edited by ixgr1

I'm building the same kit. I had the same problem trying to figure out which bottom fuselage to use. I just compared the parts with the drawings on the decal location page. I think I painted mine Light Ghost Grey. I'll have to check when I get home.

Colour? Predator colour, of course!

-someone had to do it ....I suppose ! (back in your trap !)

actualy, I think the're stark white.

untitled.jpg

At least the RQ-1L is.

thinking of doing this....a bit modern,ner ?

DSC09309-ec.jpg

Edited by ixgr1

Ok,....weekend update.

After a recovery from, a disastrous attempt at hand painting the underside white.

I am trying out a few mods. For both a port(RHS in the kit) side airscoop, and a satcom/Foxtel style "fuel tank" blister.

06112011084.jpg

I am starting to belive that UAV's are simmalar to Marine Helo's (no two are alike !).

Anyway's, here is the current insparation.

predator_drone_cslattery.jpg

Okie dokie.....all done, a nice little project and a neat subject. As others have said - Just getting the balance right on the spindely tripod legs was tricky.

Distance shot, to give prespective

13112011089.jpg

Starboard Profile

13112011090.jpg

and a mirror of my 'insparation' shot

13112011091.jpg

-Great kit of a 'Bin laden finder/seeker'